Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson

Pongo Waring

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

There's only one Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson, one Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson.....

He sounds like the conflicted second-in-command to a viking warlord in The Last Kingdom who nearly has a change of heart but ultimately fights the main character in single combat and dies but not before giving the main character crucial tips as he bleeds out, and that's good enough for me

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Marschall off on loan to MK Dons apparently do maybe this is close. 

or maybe Olsen is now fit?

but yeah, we prob do need 3 keepers on the books, if marschall is off, i dont think we have a 3rd senior keeper do we?

i wish his name was Vladimarsson.

I would love to have a Vlad at the club.

De de de de Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson de de de de Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson

13 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He must be named after the intro to Rock of Ages by Def Leppard and copied by The Offspring in Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Hey, I've got something to say.
Its better to play it out, then to boot away.

James Wright could easily be our third choice goalkeeper, he trains with our first team squad and has been on the bench numerous times, he's a good prospect, probably on a similar level to Marschall, he was actually named in the last England Elite squad ahead of Marschall.

But this player is further along with his development than both of them, I suspect if we sign him it's because we think he's good enough to be No.2 to Martinez, or very close to that.

Surely this guy isn't going to be considered just one of the youth team goalkeepers like Zych, Marschall, Wright etc?

He has two seasons of first team football in Sweden and five international caps, if he comes here it will be with an eye to replacing Olsen as number 2 sooner or later I'd have thought. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Holte End poet

holte end poet.jpg

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

This is the way.  Replace older high salary deadwood players like Olsen, Chambers, Donck, Traore etc. with young, low salary, high potential players. Save on wages with minimal drop in ability, and players will have much higher ceiling to grow into the team or be sold for profit.  Create more room in wages to have a big marquee signing in summer as well to improve 1st team. 

The last thing you can call Bertie is this.

He is a footballing magician and the most naturally gifted footballer in our squad imo.

Yes he is inconsistent ( par for the course with wingers) but a joy to watch on his day.

I would like him to stay - but equally a talent like Bertie, should be in someone’s starting 11.

• Like 1

Â