Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson

Pongo Waring

what the heck with these left field links.

Monchi doing Monchi things, clearly.

edit: blimey, this kid has 5 caps for iceland!?

@Pongo Waring add "speculation" to the tags mate.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

Will never understand looking for young back up keepers. They need to play to gain experience.  We send our young back up keepers out on loan for the exact reason. Not saying he isnt any good because he obviously is. But we have a defined no 1 goalie.  

Would follow in the footsteps of our other great signings from Iceland, Joey Gudj...... Birkir Bjarna.... I'll get my coat.... 

Edited by FLVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Will never understand looking for young back up keepers. They need to play to gain experience.  We send our young back up keepers out on loan for the exact reason. Not saying he isnt any good because he obviously is. But we have a defined no 1 goalie.  

We are looking to compete at the highest level that means more games, more experience. He will have plenty of opportunities here.

• Like 1

We probably rate him higher than our backup goalkeepers, or more ready to be No.2 to Martinez, this player is full Iceland international, and has already played 48 games in the Swedish top flight, and kept twenty-one clean sheets in that time, conceding thirty-nine goals, so seems he's at a more advanced stage than our current youngsters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If he's better than Robin Olsen, that's good enough for me, experience or no.

• Haha 1

It’s imperative that any keeper we bring in has good footwork, or potential in that area, alongside the typical GK attributes that are required… shouldn’t be overlooked…

I know nothing about this kid… 

Just… we don’t want another Olsen…

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s imperative that any keeper we bring in has good footwork, or potential in that area, alongside the typical GK attributes that are required… shouldn’t be overlooked…

I know nothing about this kid… 

Just… we don’t want another Olsen…

According to football manager he's not great at passing but he does like rushing out (sweeping) which is important for our keeper.

Â