Hákon Rafn Valdimarsson

Pongo Waring

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Imagine being in his position. The opportunity to come to the Premier League to a hugely ambitious club who just so happen to have the current World Cup winning , Yashin Trophy holding, Worlds Best goalkeeper to learn from. Dream stuff. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

TalkingTactics pretending he watches Serbian football, Boro and Icelandic football all in the space of a week. 

He works in football. He just knows more than you its ok.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

How many young keepers do we need?

As many as it takes to find a good one. IMO it’s the hardest position to recruit for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

Oh hello talkingtactics. Didn't know you was on here. How are you?

I actually find him quite irritating myself. However, game respect game as they say.

• Like 1

Was just reading on an Elfsborg forum and they say that apparently we can't afford the £2m or so he would cost so I guess this one won't happen :D 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, sne said:

Was just reading on an Elfsborg forum and they say that apparently we can't afford the £2m or so he would cost so I guess this one won't happen :D 

Surely Digne would forsake his weekly wage as a one off?

2 hours ago, sne said:

What’s Norwegian for wishful thinking?

Seems logical if Olsen is involved in the deal. I think his days in a big league are numbered and Swedish players tend to go home to finish the career

Be a straight swap and maybe pay up his contract. Also means Elfsborg dont have to search for a new keeper

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Seems logical if Olsen is involved in the deal. I think his days in a big league are numbered and Swedish players tend to go home to finish the career

Be a straight swap and maybe pay up his contract. Also means Elfsborg dont have to search for a new keeper

Elfsborg has already signed GK replacement for Hakon in Isak Pettersson who was GK of the year in Allsvenskan in 2019. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I haven’t followed Allsvenskan much up untill now when my hometown club VSK is back after 20 years, but I would be surprised if Elfsborg could afford Olsen. If he was to return home (which I agree is about time), I’d rather think he would go to Malmö FF or a Stockholm club.

I dont mind us gambling on Hakon as one for the future, but I’d prefer us signing an experienced 30+ used to the PL or Championship as our no 2.

Yeah Olsen earns more in a week than most Elfsborg players earns in a season. Would be almost impossible to find a middle ground for a contract. If Olsen was to move back "home" I think maybe Denmark is more likely than Sweden atm unless Malmö feels that Dahlin is a weak link. They did extend his contract for another year but he is 37 y.o

• Like 1

My biggest question on this is how much better than Sinisalo who is also a full international and is apparently doing pretty well at League One level?

Or is it a case that we think we can sign him and then sell on Sinisalo and make a little bit more FFP room?

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 13:17, May-Z said:

Hakon Rafn, was he named by Muttley or something?

images (21).jpeg

I had this thought too but couldn't think of the right character to attribute it to 😅

5 hours ago, djdabush said:

My biggest question on this is how much better than Sinisalo who is also a full international and is apparently doing pretty well at League One level?

Or is it a case that we think we can sign him and then sell on Sinisalo and make a little bit more FFP room?

Maybe we loan all 3 and see which one turns out the best or most profitable 

5 hours ago, djdabush said:

In the grand scheme of things keepers are probably the cheapest position in football. If we can get someone in who will replace Martinez in a few years then it's worth throwing a few darts. 

Â