Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Unbelievable today, considering he's only just signed,  seemed a strange signing at the time but whoever or whatever picked him needs to picking some more players. 

• Like 1

He has way exceeded any expectations I've had of him. To come in and stake a place in the team so quickly after barely playing even a full season in the Championship is so impressive. Unai seems to have massive faith in him. 

On 17/03/2024 at 13:55, DakotaVilla said:

Hopefully won’t start again for us this season or we are done for

Not picking on Dakota in the slightest here, just an example of many comments like this in mid-March. Funny to see what can change in less than a month in football :)

Can’t wait to see what this lad does with another six months of Unai’s coaching.

Absolute beast. There can’t be many more in the league with the skill he has and the size to go with it (insert Kenneth GIF here). 

Just wait until he realises how good he is and adopts a bit of arrogance with that frame. Man’s gonna cook 👨🏽‍🍳

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can I just say as well, there is so much talent to be had in the Championship. You look at some of the high performers in the league in certain positions and there are a fair few who have spent time in the Championship.

Eze, Bowen, Rogers, Maddison, Gibbs-White, Olise, Grealish. I’m sure there are more.

I don’t think we should exclusively shop there, of course not, but my god, you can pick up some fantastic talent with proper scouting in that league. 

Factor in the loans and most of the best British talent has had a stint in the championship 

• Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Factor in the loans and most of the best British talent has had a stint in the championship 

Exactly. I think you could look at that league every season and the top 3/4 players in the division will have a great chance of being very good players in the PL.

I think Summerville and JPB will be playing in the PL next season. Wharton has been superb for Palace since signing too. 

I’ve been banging the drum for a while now. There is top talent in that division and those players take less time to settle than fancy overseas signings.

• Like 2

Absolutely fair play to the guy. Spent the first part of the season on the bench for mid-table Boro in the Championship, and by the last part he's playing 90's against Arsenal and getting plaudits for his performances, having won his place in the starting XI for a CL chasing team. Fast becoming one of my favourites (there's a Bert-shaped hole in my heart that needs filling)

Only a genuinely world class manager could look at the said rotational option at a mid-table Championship side, demand he's brought in ASAP in January, and have him slot in seamlessly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can I just say as well, there is so much talent to be had in the Championship. You look at some of the high performers in the league in certain positions and there are a fair few who have spent time in the Championship.

Eze, Bowen, Rogers, Maddison, Gibbs-White, Olise, Grealish. I’m sure there are more.

I don’t think we should exclusively shop there, of course not, but my god, you can pick up some fantastic talent with proper scouting in that league. 

We've recruited very well from the Championship over the years tbf: Konsa, Watkins, Cash, Buendia, etc. Long may that continue.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

I'd imagine if we had a full compliment, he wouldn't be getting the game time, much like Pau. As it is, both have been thrown in and are shining. Really pleased for Morgan, he'll learn so much so quickly. 

Â