Match Thread: FAC3: Middlebrough v Villa

1 minute ago, Shirtman said:

Really disappointing. No drive from Dendoncker and (surprisingly) Kamara. 

lets be honest, "drive" isnt a word associated with Donk, ever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

We are a really well coached side. We are not an exciting side. We don't take shots nearly enough. Our only real threat is Bailey, and if he isn't doing it no one else will. I understand why neutrals don't understand why we are 2nd in the league when we play like this. 

Did you watch us against Man City?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, calcifer said:

That was a very boring half of football! Even my lad gave up and went back on his xbox 🤣 

Same. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Micah Richards and Stewart Downing, both former Villa players, but the BBC captions them as ex-Manchester City and ex-Liverpool. 

My thoughts as well 

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Our inability to break down a team that sits back so much is a bit of a concern.

We struggle every time. It's like we have plan A and stick to it absolutely regardless of how it's working. 

Usually the only way we change is in the last 5 minutes and we needs a goal and Duran comes on and we start all out attack.

Other than that last gasp stuff we just plod up to the block and turn around again. It's very odd. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

The football, as dull as Dion's commentary. I may go with the mute button for the second - half, but then I may miss, in the words of Dion, "the incredible atmosphere".

Made me genuinely lol. I've had more enthusiastic audiences for bowel movements than this match

• Thanks 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Think Duran just gets bored with this style of football. He wants proper full on warfare 

Yep, I can imagine he'd relish a side who play at 100mph and fire balls into the box every 30 seconds. 

2 decent efforts though, least he's had a pop. 

Like watching paint dry.

Without Luiz Tielemans Pau Carlos Buendia we don’t have enough good technical passers in the team to break down deep defences. We take too many touches and it’s too easy for them to stay in shape.

Having both Kamara and Dendoncker isn’t working, which is no great surprise. Cash still looks like a fish out of water in this role.

• Like 1

The slowness of the passing is killing us  . Seems pointless against a low block . I get it against a team not sitting but they arent going to give an inch here. Its obvious. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How on earth was cash ever an attacking player?

He's somehow not taking chances to get forwards and also getting caught out of position at the back

Both of Boros dangerous attacks he's in no mans land