Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

limpid

Just now, sne said:

Kamara is kinda important too for our defensive shape.

yes granted, i was just talking about the back 4.

But ye, overall, missing Pau, Kamara and Tielemans are huge misses tbh.

3 key players.

• Like 1

Bit too much football in that half.

What if instead of playing a match of football, we give each team 15 attacking phases, one after another, send the footage to a panel of referees, and declare the results within 5 business days after we've ruled out all of the goals we can.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Swedish commentator: "That was so clearly onside I'm a bit surprised their even checking it with VAR"

Exactly, the only reason for VAR is if something looks clearly off.

Otherwise, you're undermining the referee and destroying the flow and enjoyment of the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I can see Burnley getting a red card today 

Their LB Taylor is a good shout. Already on a yellow and has that mistimed "tackle" on Diaby as well. Also he's a reserve in my fantasy team and will get subbed in due to injuries so I'm sure to get negative points for him 👌

• Like 1

Looking a bit leggy but winning against a Burnley side who are here to play football. At the moment it’s just having better forwards that has made the difference. Not feeling the makeshift back four at all, Carlos looks well off it.  JJ isn’t yet back to where he should be either, hopefully just getting minutes in the legs will solve that problem. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbf is it depleted?, the only guaranteed starter not playing is Pau?

Although granted, we are missing our most critical defensive player, for our style of play.

Mings, Cash, Digne are all unavailable and Pau is still coming back. We are playing our 4th and 5th choice centre backs and moving our preferred CB to right back to cover. Our defensive midfielder is suspended and we are using Luiz in his place. 

It’s bound to have an effect on our side. 

• Like 2