Match Thread: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Just now, villa4europe said:

I love when we catch someone offside the Commentators never actually talk about us

The offside trap is quality, but catching far too many times in this half, need to keep the ball up the pitch, cause they will learn to beat it.

Great scoreline, of course, but not a very good half - especially the latter part has been poor. Thankfully United have zero patience with their runs in behind. Try Diaby at LM/LW in the 2nd half please. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that we say this against various opposition, quite often, might mean we are actually quite good at what we do, we've played multiple " better sides " and said the same thing. Lol

We've got our risk/reward ratio relatively on point I guess.

True that haha but I do think at moments tonight we've been lucky United are as shit as they are.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

I'd hook JJ at half time. Playing as if he's half asleep.

Problem is Zaniolo hasn't looked any better. That's why JJ's been getting games. 

I know Zaniolo has a couple of goals but his all round play hasn't been great. 

Well taken goals, cracking score but I'm not enjoying this too much yet.

We're catching them offside half the time, but the other half, Rashford and Garnacho are running through us like we're not even there. Their shooting is **** diabolical but it'll only take one to turn the tide. It's not over by a long way.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

The offside trap is quality, but catching far too many times in this half, need to keep the ball up the pitch, cause they will learn to beat it.

Half way through the season and only 2 teams have so far and even then I'd say Newcastle was more luck 

Just now, magnkarl said:

We're such a good team at playing the trap, it's ridiculous. 

Tonight it just seems more evident than I can remember (spurs at home aside). It’s everytime the ball goes in behind. It makes me nervous, but we’re so good at it. 

Really quite poor since the 2nd goal, the crowd had turned that was the moment to turn the screw. 

Thankfully they haven't punished us. Need to get back on it in the second half, actually control the football. 

• Like 1

Just now, AV82 said:

True that haha but I do think at moments tonight we've been lucky United are as shit as they are.

Yep, it's not so much missed chances that would make a highlight reel its been poor touches at least 3 times and then overhit passes on a couple too

Utd have helped us out here 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not long ago they would have gone out and taken kane and martinez and be a completely different team 

I still don’t know why they didn’t.

As much as we’d have hated it £75m would have tested us / Emi.

Kane went for £100m, I reckon there’s a fair chance he’d have picked United last summer with another baby on the way and the PL goal scoring record in sight.

c£175m gets them both most likely.

They spent about that on Mount, Onana, Hojlund. 

Then with someone like Kane upfront instead of Hojlund you get Rashford working harder and performing better. The defenders have confidence in the man behind them. 

They seem to have the money, but just don’t know how to spend it.

• Like 1