Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/12/23 at 23:59

**** VAR…  Add 2 more points to the tally of those lost to poor referees again. 

We were poor but still should have had 2 stonewall penalties and a great open goal overturned from some very soft theatrics by their goalkeeper. I’m absolutely sick of these English refs.

• Like 2

The pathetic attitude towards refereeing and VAR (which I wish didn’t exist, but for different reasons) continues on here. It’s never our fault, is it? Like a bunch of Artetas.

We weren’t good enough but still managed to escape with a point. Seasons gone by we would have lost that. Joint top of the table on points tonight. Let’s go to Old Trafford with Pau back and see how we go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Pretty embarrassing reactions at 0-1 on here if I’m honest. It’s ok to be disappointed but people need to get a grip.

We had a lot of possession but created almost nothing clear cut. It’s something we’ll encounter more and more if we hold a spot in the top 4/5.

We can’t rely on VAR over turning referee decisions to give us pens. We need to be more imaginative in our build up play.

The ref was an utter disgrace. I think this season, we've seen some of the worst officiating ever and the referees aren't up to the task. That said, we were crap and if you can't beat a Championship side like Sheffield United at home you've got no chance of top four. Genuinely worried about the Manchester game now. 

What an infuriating game. 

VAR or not we lacked the conviction and quality to pierce their defence. Definitely need a creator to unlock defences.

We should have had twice as many shots as we did. 

• Like 2

Gonna have to deal with plenty more teams playing that way at Villa Park. We need to find answers to it.

Thought we were royally dicked by VAR today and in general we played quite well. Deserved to win that. Didn't. That's football I guess. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I did about the Bournemouth game, but that point and this one may be the difference between top four and not end of the season. The Don knows what needs sorting. He ain't stupid.

I’m not worried in the slightest, I should add. We dominated the game and would have won it comfortably with better refereeing/no stupid VAR interventions, and we’re in a much better place than I could have possibly dreamed of.

• Thanks 3

Â