Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

Match Polls  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/12/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I said in the match thread, this wasn't the next to useless bottom of the league Sheffield United, managed by Paul Heckingbottom. It was the revitalised, tough to beat Wilder United, he who admitted, didn't come to beat us, as they didn't have much of a chance. So everyone saying we have no chance of finishing top 4 after drawing against bottom of the league Sheffield, don't know what they are talking about. It was a different team altogether, who now have a better chance of staying up.

I said before the game it was going to be difficult - only for posters to respond with laughing emojis. It’s so so tough to play against sides who come to VP to try to nab a draw. I wasn’t very happy that we conceded, I thought that was poor from us. But we managed to not lose it altogether right at the end. Part of me wanted a 4/5-0 smashing. But I always had a feeling that just wouldn’t happen.

I may mess around and wind people up in the match threads when we are playing poorly, but I honestly think we can get top 4 this season. We must keep up the pace with the others and not pick up too many draws. If we can avoid losing to the poorer teams in the league, that would be even better. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I said in the match thread, this wasn't the next to useless bottom of the league Sheffield United, managed by Paul Heckingbottom. It was the revitalised, tough to beat Wilder United, he who admitted, didn't come to beat us, as they didn't have much of a chance. So everyone saying we have no chance of finishing top 4 after drawing against bottom of the league Sheffield, don't know what they are talking about. It was a different team altogether, who now have a better chance of staying up.

And it just goes to show how far we've come that teams are coming to Villa Park and acting like we're Man City and setting up to try and not lose. It's remarkable if you think about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I didn't think for one minute, that game was going to be any different from them, than it was....but it was our job to beat them.

They did their job, but we didn't do ours, on the night.

I have no doubt, Unai, will be working on that, and see it as a challenge....I still expect games like that, to be difficult for us, for a while, but in the fullness of time, we will put teams who play like that, to the sword..I have no doubt.

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

I said before the game it was going to be difficult - only for posters to respond with laughing emojis. It’s so so tough to play against sides who come to VP to try to nab a draw. I wasn’t very happy that we conceded, I thought that was poor from us. But we managed to not lose it altogether right at the end. Part of me wanted a 4/5-0 smashing. But I always had a feeling that just wouldn’t happen.

I may mess around and wind people up in the match threads when we are playing poorly, but I honestly think we can get top 4 this season. We must keep up the pace with the others and not pick up too many draws. If we can avoid losing to the poorer teams in the league, that would be even better. 

I think a few games this season, show we are not quite ready for the top prizes, but we will grow, develop and get stronger.

While the progress has been mindblowing,so far,  games like Friday, show we still have a way to go, but the journey is getting shorter, and the progress getting stronger.

I think when folk say we played poorly, in certain aspects, yes....but in some aspects, we were still very good.....its getting all the ducks in a row, which take time and hard work, and money.

We will come across, new challenges, we met one on Friday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I didn't think for one minute, that game was going to be any different from them, than it was....but it was our job to beat them.

They did their job, but we didn't do ours, on the night.

I have no doubt, Unai, will be working on that, and see it as a challenge....I still expect games like that, to be difficult for us, for a while, but in the fullness of time, we will put teams who play like that, to the sword..I have no doubt.

But we did do our job and only got robbed by awful officiating

• Like 1

Â