Weekends Football 15/17 December

andykeenan

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

The difference between fighting at the top of the league instead of the bottom, is that more often than not, all the teams around you will win.

We just have to keep the consistency.

Absolutely.  I'm still adjusting to the fact our direct rivals nowadays are the best teams in the league.

• Like 1

Burnley are like us in 2012.

Full of young lower league players nowhere near ready for the physicality of the prem and getting bullied all over the pitch.

Of course we somehow stayed up but they certainly don't have a Benteke type at CF.

I thought they'd do o.k but the team that got promoted was stronger than this one.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Dyche is actually doing a good job at Everton. If it wasn't for the 10 points deduction they could be looking at the  top half. They have improved as I thought they were abysmal at Villa Park this season.

Were missing all of Mykolenko, McNeill, Harrison that day. DCL also got injured at 0-0.

Will be tricky going there in a few weeks for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Dyche is actually doing a good job at Everton. If it wasn't for the 10 points deduction they could be looking at the  top half. They have improved as I thought they were abysmal at Villa Park this season.

It keeps all the “dinosaur” comments quiet for a little while.

Bellamy was on the overlap not long ago and Neville brought up the style of play and alluded to the openess and naivity of it. Bellamy basically said when they hear that he makes them double down on it, they will not compromise.

I thought it was pretty stupid then, to think it yet alone say it aloud, now it's looking absolutely moronic.

It always scares me when they say a manager has the "inside track" on a particular market past 1995. It usually means you're getting a load of cheap tat nobody wants. The world's a small place nowadays. Nobody had the inside track and it's pure arrogance to think so.

• Like 1

Â