Weekends Football 15/17 December

andykeenan

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

oh **** lockyer just collapsed again

Yes just flicking through the rivers and cut to shots of fans looking very worried in the stands. Was surprised he was back so quickly after collapsing in the play off final so there is clearly something inherent and he really should've been told to stop for a bit. Hope it's not as serious as it seems.

• Sad 2

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yes just flicking through the rivers and cut to shots of fans looking very worried in the stands. Was surprised he was back so quickly after collapsing in the play off final so there is clearly something inherent and he really should've been told to stop for a bit. Hope it's not as serious as it seems.

He had atrial fibrillation and apparently had surgery to correct the issue so it wouldn't reoccur. So this is a very sad development

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayEm said:

He had atrial fibrillation and apparently had surgery to correct the issue so it wouldn't reoccur. So this is a very sad development

Hopefully this isn't life threatening but have to think this is end of career. He's coming up to 30, rose through the leagues, scored in prem and played for Wales so achieved plenty. 

Brighton had a player who had to stop with heart defect last season.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaJ100 said:

I'm surprised how him and Eriksen could continue yet Muamba couldn't. The insurance must be astronomical 

I wonder what difference nearly a decade of medical science development made. Muamba's health status was uncertain for a lot longer if I recall?

Â