Weekends Football 15/17 December

andykeenan

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Why on earth would you watch them?

Only on Earth? I wouldn't tune into a match of theirs on any planet. 😁 But photos of Grealish and Foden in a manly embrace were inescapable earlier on sports web earlier. Enjoyed on highlights seeing Palace come back, and also the Pep interview afterwards. Pure gold.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

The thing with Manchester City is that they are perfectly capable of winning something like 15 of their next 16 games, being four points clear as April turns into May and having everybody forget that they had a bit of a wobble before Christmas. 

Which is exactly what will happen when their illegal squad depth comes into play at the point where all of us rule followers stuggle with injuries and fatigue. They will walk the league in the end again. Cheats.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Which is exactly what will happen when their illegal squad depth comes into play at the point where all of us rule followers stuggle with injuries and fatigue. They will walk the league in the end again. Cheats.

So many people revelled in arsenal's "bottle job" last year that they didn't see what man city actually did and how much of an advantage they have over just about everyone 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

The thing with Manchester City is that they are perfectly capable of winning something like 15 of their next 16 games, being four points clear as April turns into May and having everybody forget that they had a bit of a wobble before Christmas. 

Yeah usually, but I think they're off it and I'll make the bold prediction now that they don't win it, they won't be within 5 points of the winner....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Also how many teams are going to get relegated spending 15m on young goalkeepers with no PL keepers. It's again pure arrogance.

This guy's not even as good as Bazunu. He clearly needed a year or three of playing regularly at Championship level before he became a regular; I guess he'll get it next season anyway. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So many people revelled in arsenal's "bottle job" last year that they didn't see what man city actually did and how much of an advantage they have over just about everyone 

Yeah absolutely. I don’t see anyone else winning the league for the next decade of I'm honest. They have too much of an illegal advantage and are allowed to carry on doing it.

38 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah usually, but I think they're off it and I'll make the bold prediction now that they don't win it, they won't be within 5 points of the winner....

Posted a week or so ago people can quote me when City win as not happening this season imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

They will step up. They always do. Not like there's a runaway leader at the moment. All the teams at the top hsve their flaws including us. 

I think Brighton can pull off an upset vs Arsenal. 1-1.

I have no such thoughts that Manchester United can get anything other than zero points vs Liverpool. 

5-0 to Klopp's Plop. Ten Hag is doomed.

Built themselves to yo-yo

Whether or not the players, fans, owners all realise that is another thing... 

Not sure if it is arrogance to be fair to them, they can look at forest and say alright you stayed up but you've set yourselves up in a way that will give you deadwood stopping your progress, will Burnley be ahead of forest in 5 years? If they don't hit a panic button there's every danger they will be imo 

Edited by villa4europe

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

One of the worst keepers I have ever seen

He's only 21, so very young for a keeper, but at the moment he's terrible at any high ball into the box. Zero command of his area.

Also no way is he 6ft 6 which is what he's listed as.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, andym said:

He's only 21, so very young for a keeper, but at the moment he's terrible at any high ball into the box. Zero command of his area.

Also no way is he 6ft 6 which is what he's listed as.

Its not his fault, he probably needed 5/6 more years of development in the lower leagues. All on Kompany who thinks he is some managerial guru that could turn this kid into Neuer

Â