MaVilla

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Let's not make the mistake of throwing away this promising opportunity by fielding a too weak team.

Especially the defence; that is where we have erred before. Too weak and it throws the entire team into disarray.

I don't think we can throw away such a promising position in the league either after playing two intense games in three days and risk injury to key players. After all we have already qualified and a second string team should be able to get a draw against this lot.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Make all the changes

Olsen, Cash, Lenglet, Chambers, Moreno, Dendoncker, Ramsey, Zaniolo, Traore, Iroegbunam, Duran

Don't think Tim is in the europa squad. He's disappeared from the premier league bench so not even sure if he's fit.

Diaby will probably get a start to fine tune him for Brentford if Bailey dosen't make it.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Don't think Tim is in the europa squad. He's disappeared from the premier league bench so not even sure if he's fit.

Diaby will probably get a start to fine tune him for Brentford if Bailey dosen't make it.

I just checked and he’s not in the squad unfortunately.

Emery has experimented in these group games and you could say he has played a blinder - that we can probably go grab a draw while resting key players for the prem charge, in order that we top the group and avoid additional play-offs - he couldn't really have engineered this better.

• Like 2

I think the team will be something like; Olsen, Cash Konsa Lenglet Digne, Ramsey Luiz Dendonker Zaniolo, Duran Diaby. 

More then good enough to get at least a draw (which might not even need). Be good for Ramsey to get some minutes here as I wouldn't be surprised if Brentford is the first game we see Moreno and Ramsey starting on the left side together this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant see a big villa following after reading how hard it is to get there.

The villa boys may have to do this one without us

Sold out at the 3+ Away Conference League matches level didn't it? If people are buying tickets and not bothering to go they should be blacklisted for any other european tickets, there's plenty more of us who'd love a chance.

• Like 3

Id rather go strong and go all out for the win. The 2 extra games v a Europa League team in Feb could derail us both in this competition and our top 4 hopes. 

Win at all costs imo.

Full strength and make subs if/when the job is done.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Shouldn't need to go full strength to get a point, need to be smart here. Moreno and JJ haven't played much, they should start and go with Duran up top, Diaby hasn't played loads, zaniolo, donk was good when he came on...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blunther said:

Sold out at the 3+ Away Conference League matches level didn't it? If people are buying tickets and not bothering to go they should be blacklisted for any other european tickets, there's plenty more of us who'd love a chance.

Think it sold out before people checking how to ac tually get there. Its absolute nightmare to get to!

On 11/12/2023 at 16:23, villaglint said:

If we lose they need a 4 goal swing in their favour for goal difference. ie  we lose by 1 and they win by 3 (or something similar). 

Or a 3 goal swing and they score more than 3 goals. 

Is that correct?

On 11/12/2023 at 17:09, CVByrne said:

Yes, if we lose they need to win by 3 goals to top the group, or if we lose 1-0 they win 4-2 to win on goals scored (3-1 would put them level with us and we top group on more away goals scored). 

It's very difficult for us to not top the group. Especially as any win for AZ and they come 2nd in group. AZ are favourites to win in Poland

If we lose, Legia need to win and either gain a +4GD swing on us, or gain a +3GD swing with them scoring at least 4 more goals on the night than we do in order to go above us. Simple.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Think it sold out before people checking how to ac tually get there. Its absolute nightmare to get to!

We aren't playing at their ground though. Or are you talking about getting to the stadium that they're borrowing for the match?

Just now, MrBlack said:

We aren't playing at their ground though. Or are you talking about getting to the stadium that they're borrowing for the match?

The stadium the games at.

Didnt realise it wasnt their ground. Why are we not playing at their stadium?

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:
16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think they do play in their "own" ground ...  Wikipedia"

Zrinjski plays its games on Stadion pod Bijelim Brijegom (English: Under the White Hill Stadium). The stadium was built in 1971 and was used by city rivals Velež until 1991. The stadium capacity today is 9,000 seats (formerly 25,000 standings), but in the 1970s and 1980s, some games attracted over 35,000 spectators. It was the second largest stadium in Bosnia and Herzegovina (before plastic seats were added) after Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium in Sarajevo.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

Shouldn't need to go full strength to get a point, need to be smart here. Moreno and JJ haven't played much, they should start and go with Duran up top, Diaby hasn't played loads, zaniolo, donk was good when he came on...

We shouldn't need to but I would like us to in order to get the job done.

Get the result sealed in the first half and sub off to keep the legs fresh, bringing on the names you mention.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

9 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I think they do play in their "own" ground ...  Wikipedia"

Zrinjski plays its games on Stadion pod Bijelim Brijegom (English: Under the White Hill Stadium). The stadium was built in 1971 and was used by city rivals Velež until 1991. The stadium capacity today is 9,000 seats (formerly 25,000 standings), but in the 1970s and 1980s, some games attracted over 35,000 spectators. It was the second largest stadium in Bosnia and Herzegovina (before plastic seats were added) after Asim Ferhatović Hase Stadium in Sarajevo.

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm sure I read when we were drawn with them that they'd play their home European games somewhere else due to the limited capacity of their home stadium... but according to our website it will be at their stadium. Maybe they changed it or whatever I read was wrong 🤔 

• Thanks 1