MaVilla

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Cor, look at this luxury! 

one single stand?, and 3 sides open without a stand??

edit: looks like one largeish stand, then a tiny stand on the opposite side (8-10 rows or so)?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im assuming the away fans are up in that caged area at the top corner?

Capture z.JPG

I visited Mostar during a tour of southern Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro in the summer. It doesn't look like I missed much by not visiting the stadium!😆

Still, this evening's game could be tricky and hopefully our team will respect their teams capabilities and achieve the result to top the group.

56 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I'm all for making changes in this one, and I still think we can get the point required (minimum)                     

Olsen

Cash    Chambers    Lenglet     Digne/Moreno (45 each)

Diaby    Dendoncker    Luiz      Ramsey

Zaniolo       

Duran

Think Chambers is the biggest concern there, but hopefully he would perform better than he did at RB last time out. Can't be any worse, can he...🙈

Olsen improved last time out, so why not!

Minutes for Moreno in view to Sunday.

To be able to rest Martinez, Konsa, Carlos, Torres, McGinn, Kamara, Tielemans, Bailey, Watkins for Brentford would be massive IMO.

1-1 tonight.

1-3 win on Sunday.

Then top of league on 22nd 😬

That starting line up would not surprise me, we do need to rest a few before it is too late and fatigue and injuries kick in. Also, one small change to your line up that might shock a few is that I do think there is a small possiblitity we could see Fillip Marschall start in goal tonight if Olsen not available. I think he is next in line in terms of the young goalkeepers we have on the books. I don't see Emi starting tonight that is for sure. Chambers is my big concern as well, he did not look switched on or bothered last time in Warsaw so I am not sure if I trust him either. So I would probably go with Diego Carlos if he is fit enough to play twice in a few days, with the idea of resting him at the weekend.

We still need to get a result, so I am hoping the players don't take it lightly and play well. We will see a different Mostar this time compared to our home match, I think they will want to play more open this time and gain a big scalp, so I hope we are ready and can utilise the space behind them and thwart that attempt.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NeilS said:

That starting line up would not surprise me, we do need to rest a few before it is too late and fatigue and injuries kick in. Also, one small change to your line up that might shock a few is that I do think there is a small possiblitity we could see Fillip Marschall start in goal tonight if Olsen not available. I think he is next in line in terms of the young goalkeepers we have on the books. I don't see Emi starting tonight that is for sure. Chambers is my big concern as well, he did not look switched on or bothered last time in Warsaw so I am not sure if I trust him either. So I would probably go with Diego Carlos if he is fit enough to play twice in a few days, with the idea of resting him at the weekend.

We still need to get a result, so I am hoping the players don't take it lightly and play well. We will see a different Mostar this time compared to our home match, I think they will want to play more open this time and gain a big scalp, so I hope we are ready and can utilise the space behind them and thwart that attempt.

I doubt it tbh, if they play open they'll be absolutely killed.

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i hope mcginn gets a rest tonight.

I hope the majority of the first IX do. We've got a tough but winnable run of fixtures over Christmas coming thick and fast. This is the last "easy" game on paper for a while, with no breaks until the new year. The two games against City and Arsenal will have been both mentally and physically tough, they need a rest and reset.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive just realised the legia AZ game is at 5.45.

So we be top before we have even kicked a ball! 

Anyone know what channel this games likely to be on?

We kick off at same time before you end up missing this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I doubt it tbh, if they play open they'll be absolutely killed.

I worded that badly, I didn't mean in a way they would be playing a cavalier and wide open style. I meant they would be less likely to be camped out on the edge of their own box for the whole game, like they were in the second half at Villa Park. I think they will want to be playing a bit further up the pitch thinking they have nothing to lose and everything to gain, especially if we rotate heavily. They may sniff an opportunity to claim a historic victory for themselves, let's not forget they have already put 4 goals past AZ at home.