MaVilla

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

shame no lenglet. surely we will try get rid of chambers in Jan. Emery really doesn't trust him at all

I wonder if he's just not mobile enough to play in our defensive line. Or just hasn't bought into Emeryball. 

Decently strong side. The drop off from first choice just isn't so much of a thing these days (famous last words...) 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Bailey and Telimans injured? 

We didn't bring everyone with the team and they've played a lot of football recently including the Warsaw matches. If you know you are starting them vs Brentford then you might just leave them at home. 

I'm a fan of that team. Kind of surprised Lenglet isn't there at all and he didn't pick Chambers to start start over one of Pau or Konsa. That said, keeping it solid at the back 4, with a youth goalkeeper in,  is probably a sensible choice.

I know Pau and Konsa have played a lot but their intensity isn't quite the same as our midfield so shouldn't need quite the same level of rest that Kamara and Tielemans will so should be all good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I wonder if he's just not mobile enough to play in our defensive line. Or just hasn't bought into Emeryball. 

Decently strong side. The drop off from first choice just isn't so much of a thing these days (famous last words...) 

He’s done well in previous conference matches I think. More inclined to the injury narrative

good team, assume lenglet is injured otherwise assume he'd have played, but perhaps also with Marshall in goal, they wanted to give the kid an extra bit of experience ahead of him. Either way he must be really excited. Good look Fillip! :)

Hopefully that'll encourage them to shoot from everywhere and thus reduce the quality of their chances. It's an interesting side alright. Quite strong in a weird way. Hope it clicks. A nice early goal (or even a crappy early goal) would help the Guinness go down.

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Probably. Traveled with the team and we only have 8 on the bench. 

Wasn't there rumours he was leaving us? Looks a decent starting line up, concern is mainly around the forwards holding onto the ball and not turning it over to quickly. Vital we take the sting out of the game early. Marshall at the back will be interesting as well, his distribution will be tested that's for sure, sensible to keep torres and konsa on. Digne's not starting is interesting as well, Moreno will have to play against Brentford, can see an early sub with him. 

Just now, tinker said:

Wasn't there rumours he was leaving us? Looks a decent starting line up, concern is mainly around the forwards holding onto the ball and not turning it over to quickly. Vital we take the sting out of the game early. Marshall at the back will be interesting as well, his distribution will be tested that's for sure, sensible to keep torres and konsa on. Digne's not starting is interesting as well, Moreno will have to play against Brentford, can see an early sub with him. 

Sure but that doesn't mean we wouldn't play him, especially since he travelled with the team

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Wasn't there rumours he was leaving us? 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Sure but that doesn't mean we wouldn't play him, especially since he travelled with the team

Agree with Moto. If anything more likely he'd play as if he gets injured it's not him to hurt us down the line. 

Given not in the bench he must have picked up a knock during training this morning?