Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

1 hour ago, allani said:

I suspect he's claiming that Konsa's handball should have been a penalty - despite the fact that Emi collided with Konsa and dropped the ball on top of him as they both fell to the ground.  Did it touch his arm?  Yes.  Was it a penalty?  Never in a million years.

Ah yes may have been that one, or Carlos challenge on Gil in the same incident. Neither were pens !

4 hours ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Head on over to the Spurs forum if you want a bit of a laugh.

"Hope someone breaks Cash's legs".

i mean it was a bad challenge but he didn't go into it trying to hurt the guy.

Calling us a boring club with no trophies... might want to fact check that!

that's coming from spurs fans?!

• Like 2

Watched the sky highlights which has completely ignored Paus first chance.  Spurs fans can moan about the "goals" ruled out but Son really does need to understand when he's offside.  In the last two games he must have been off 6 times!

Just watched the full ninety...

Villa were poor first half and brilliant in the second-half; fair play Unai Emery for making both aggressive and positive changes.

Bailey and Tielemans really helped us.

Emi Martinez with several fantastic and World Class saves further justifying his position as the best goalkeeper.

Watkins quiet and still showed his class, lay-off, touch and finish was quality.

I just had a read of the Pau Torres thread which is a little bizarre as I thought he was very good.

Diaby a bit of a worry though, seemed way off today.

Up the Villa and take that and your stupid Yid Army chant, f****** morons.

Btw, is Heung Min Son a bit stupid? He looks so gormless and constantly gets flagged offside, I'm sure it happened many times in the previous game against them.

6 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I normally keep well away from the 'Match day Thread', but I felt I had to leave a comment today.

I watched the match on Sky with my son and two of my Grandsons and by half time I was a stressed out wreck. I spent the whole of the second half in the lounge on my own in front of a large wood burning stove with a bottle of ten year old Laphroaig whisky. I sipped it and sang songs from my Karaoke catalogue to drown out the cheers and groans coming from the TV room. When my son came and told me we'd won it was a huge draining relief.

I don't usually get stressed about games (win, lose or draw, as long as we've done our best I was happy), but since we've got up towards the top of the table the hope and desire has flooded back in.

Some years ago I had a life saving triple bypass operation after a couple of heart attacks, and I suspect the rest of this season is going to raise my my blood pressure considerably. Fortunately as a collector of excellent Whisky's I have a lot of good 'medication' to calm me down. Still if the worse happens, what a way to go. UTV !!!!!!

The high line and fan health issues have a corollary relationship. Exciting- yes! Dangerous for high blood pressure, nausea, vomiting and increased heart rate - also yes! Pass the whiskey please it’s going to be a long exciting season.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Any word on Bentancur's injury? Related to his previous one? I'd hate to think Cash "did a Mee"...

Even if Bentancur is injured, that's clearly not what happened.

Cash had an ugly, wild swing at someone. It happens. Could even have been a red if it was against a City or Liverpool. He didn't scissor tackle him and fold both his knees backwards.

Some spurs on twitter I've seen are whipping themselves up saying he tried to injure him :lol:

Matt Cash. The most lovable innocent little dope you'll ever meet. Use your brain ffs.

That one was for you Ryan Mason. Prick.

7 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Thought we were as bad as I’ve ever seen us first half. Got lucky today against spurs B team. They will be a force once they get their players back. 

Hopefully we strengthen in January, need a new RB and a bit of pace. 

How long have you been watching? Three months ? Believe  me there  has been a lot more shit than that in recent years but I guess it’s always good to post a negative What fun you can have next week if we don’t put 10 on little Bournemouth .

7 hours ago, allani said:

Personally, I thought Pau was man of the match.  I think the game would have felt very different if the linesman had put his flag up as soon as Spurs were offside rather than waiting for things to play out.  A lot of their chances were or would have been ruled out for being offside.  The fact that play continued so that they could either score, shoot or force a save from Martinez could give a distorted view of our performance.  Spurs played very well first half and we struggled to play our "slow" game.  Maybe Emery could have made the Cash / Tielemans switch quicker - because once we had four proper midfielders on the pitch we actually regained the balance that was missing first half.  That allowed us to be more controlled when on the ball and better able to resist Spurs when they had the ball.

Although we haven't looked as impressive away - we've still P7 W3 D1 L3 - and we've already played Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs away from home.  Although we are showing as in the bottom half of the away form table - we are joint 5th in terms of points and only 3 points behind Man City who are second in the away league table (and who have arguably had a slightly easier set of fixtures). 

I thought for 20 minutes, we were lucky to be still in the game, we was being overrun....Traits of Forest, wolves, Liverpool and Newcastle

However, it was testiment to our character, to reverse that, and come out second half, much better equipped....We grew back in to the game, and started to dominate, as they ran out of steam.

Our 2 goals were top class.

A truly commendable fight back.

Having said all that, we have things to work on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I gave Emery an AVERAGE vote. Poor first half, good second half equals an average outing for the manager. Big credit for making smart changes.

But that first half was criminal and not really the players fault.

Not sure if that is how it works! On that basis, shouldn’t the match have been declared a draw?

Unai made changes at half time that were massively influential in swinging the game our way. Doesn’t that make his performance at least “good”?

BTW, we ended the “criminal” first half at 1-1 didn’t we? Not bad against the (then) fourth-placed team.

• Like 1

Â