Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 20th December

OutByEaster?

On 25/11/2023 at 16:57, TheAuthority said:

There are actually tickets set aside for international supporters (at most PL clubs I believe.)

If you are going over for a “once in a lifetime/decade/year experience” the club will find you a seat.

Hi. 

This was not my personal experience.  

I tried to get tickets for myself and 7 mates (from Oz). 

I was bounced around different departments, saying the other was responsible.  In the end the only forward was via Hospitality. 

Our trip went to Chelsea, Spurs, VP, Old Trafford (The Derby). Liverpool, and  Craven Cottage Home Grounds. 

Villa was by far the most difficult  to deal with as far as ticketing goes. 

Must say with bias the VP actual game day was the best I personally experienced. The other 7 all said Villa had become there second team. 

Our trip was planned around who we all supported.  

Most impressive  stadium as far as service/facilities was at Spurs. Most expensive  was Fulham. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I think we would all appreciate the club speaking honestly about the stadium plans. The reasoning given insults the intelligence of the fanbase and leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. Just be straight about it. Sugar coating and spinning a yarn that doesn't stand scrutiny just fuels suspicion about what else might not be honest about matters.

Heck pulled the same stunt when he ditched our new badge.  To my mind that us two decisions, based on fan consultation,  he has binned.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Anyone know another forum that posts notes from these meetings and able to paste here?

OBE will receive the notes at the same time the other sites do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adding that many seats is relatively easy as if you look at the plans for the now moth balled north stand, where it met the trinity there was going to be no corridor adding an extra 3 rows. Add that the whole length and remit the Holte and there’s your extra capacity … 

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Adding that many seats is relatively easy as if you look at the plans for the now moth balled north stand, where it met the trinity there was going to be no corridor adding an extra 3 rows. Add that the whole length and remit the Holte and there’s your extra capacity … 

They could also utilise the rest of R1, that seems to be left empty half the time

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I also cannot believe it. How has it never been done before?

Our attendances since getting promoted is the only time in decades we've consistently got close to selling out every week, even in the MON years we'd average the high 30k's rather than the 41k+ we've done the past few years, if it's possible there's been no point doing it until recently as there wasn't the demand.