Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 20th December

OutByEaster?

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club have asked the group to confirm that:

"The club liaised with the FA throughout the crest process and the FA have confirmed we are compliant with the rules in relation to the change of a Heritage Asset".

Which provides clarity on the process they've undertaken and the second survey that was sent out, with the FA accepting that the results of that survey are an acceptable indication of fan feeling. As others have said, I think there's a certain amount of 'badge fatigue' and we'd all just like something reasonable that we can adopt and go forward with.

There is a quite clear change of approach in the way Heck will do things as opposed to previous CEO's and I guess it's something we'll have to get used to. He's an autocratic leader, so we'd best hope he's also very good.

Certainly a way to get fans on side!!! 😂. They’ve seen the feedback and told the FAB members to tell fans they’ve done what they need to comply so bugger off.  

It’s a bit aggressive in that instead of taking the feedback they are just reminding us they have followed rules in doing what they have done.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Certainly a way to get fans on side!!! 😂. They’ve seen the feedback and told the FAB members to tell fans they’ve done what they need to comply so bugger off.  

It’s a bit aggressive in that instead of taking the feedback they are just reminding us they have followed rules in doing what they have done.

Indeed nothing screams "box ticked" more than the phrase you highlighted.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not to dig at the FAB (and i know there was no VT representation at the latest one for valid reasons) but the whole "200 free seats every game" comment really should've been challenged immediately. i get there would be a reluctance to start arguing and derailing the meeting, but such utter dross should be pointed out at the time. if you're going to abandon plans for the north stand, at least give us the real reasons

and it's not just about the increased capacity...it's adding more corporate facilities, and also giving a better experience for the 5k or so fans already there that (from what i understand) have a pretty miserable experience currently.

I sat in North Stand for a season 15 odd years ago and it was bad then. The concourse if you can call it that was a joke. It was never full back then either so can only imagine what it’s like now. 

As im sure has been said, those 200 odd seats that are unsold in the last few days are singles which will always happen as many people can't go if they can't get two together. Happens whatever the capacity.

Its the failure of hospitality - they struggle to flog the ones they have and the demand isn't there for more. Theyll want at least 1-2k terrace view style seats in the new stand and they can't stomach having them unsold. 

19 minutes ago, WHY said:

I sat in North Stand for a season 15 odd years ago and it was bad then. The concourse if you can call it that was a joke. It was never full back then either so can only imagine what it’s like now. 

I sat in the lower (I think the upper is a bit better?) 3 or 4 years ago and said absolutely never again even if it's the only stand I can get a seat in, it's an absolute shithole, and I'll be embarrassed if we're hosting euro games and that's the impression some visiting fans have of us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The club have asked the group to confirm that:

"The club liaised with the FA throughout the crest process and the FA have confirmed we are compliant with the rules in relation to the change of a Heritage Asset".

Which provides clarity on the process they've undertaken and the second survey that was sent out, with the FA accepting that the results of that survey are an acceptable indication of fan feeling. As others have said, I think there's a certain amount of 'badge fatigue' and we'd all just like something reasonable that we can adopt and go forward with.

There is a quite clear change of approach in the way Heck will do things as opposed to previous CEO's and I guess it's something we'll have to get used to. He's an autocratic leader, so we'd best hope he's also very good.

How can the FAB (some fans) confirm that the club have liaised with the FA?  Unless the FAB are in on the discussions between club and FA, then it doesn’t make sense. Is it a typo?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Leave the current round badge that the fans asked for in the survey….round not shield, with star and full name all asked for.

This is not hard to solve

The club did along with an extensive fan’s consultation yet Heck wants to change it after being here a few months.

Because many think it's shit.

You liking it doesn't mean everyone does. 

Why is your will more important than anyone else's? 

24 minutes ago, blandy said:

How can the FAB (some fans) confirm that the club have liaised with the FA?  Unless the FAB are in on the discussions between club and FA, then it doesn’t make sense. Is it a typo?

It's in reaction to the suggestion in the FAB notes that the levels of consultation were insufficient. The club were looking to clarify that th consultation that took place through the survey has been confirmed by the FA as enough to suggest that the thoughts of the fanbase have been considered.

In fairness, that legislation is in place to prevent clubs doing anything crazy - putting a green ship on our badge and making it the shape of an octopus - there's absolutely no suggestion that the club are about to do that.

• Thanks 2

The club would easily sell out an extra 10,000 seats if all those seats were made into ST seats.

They wanted to have thousands of corporate tickets in the new North Stand and after what's happened with the Terrace etc they know they won't sell them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

I would happily go and I would happily tell Heck exactly what I think of him (politely of course)

You're very welcome:

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/22/aston-villa-fan-advisory-board/

At each FAB meeting, we will also hold places for two guest representatives from the wider fanbase to ensure opportunity for others to see the process in action. Please email lee.preece@avfc.co.uk if you wish to be considered to attend an FAB meeting as a guest.

41 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Because many think it's shit.

You liking it doesn't mean everyone does. 

Why is your will more important than anyone else's? 

Many? Many more like it.  Not my will, the majority of fans will!  You wanted a simple end to the chaos, then sticking with the round badge is the simplest out of that or a complete new badge.

You not liking it doesn’t mean everybody does.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The demand is not there.

The demand is there at £800 per season ticket. It's not there at £70 per match seat or £150 per seat including basic hospitality. I think Heck has decided the payback period using reasonable season ticket pricing is too long for a new North Stand to be financially viable.

• Like 3

Just now, El Segundo said:

Thanks I will email him.  When is the next one?

31st January is the next informal one - there are four formal ones a year and a number of informal and ad-hoc ones that can be used to catch up or go over specific issues.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

31st January is the next informal one - there are four formal ones a year and a number of informal and ad-hoc ones that can be used to catch up or go over specific issues.

thanks again.  I would rather go to a formal one, but I guess the next one will be in 2-3 months time?  I've emailed him anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1