Fans Advisory Board Meeting - 20th December

OutByEaster?

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know that's tongue in cheeks, but I have a feeling in this case that 'the stadium bowl' means the existing seating arrangements and not a desire to remodel Villa Park into something that resembles a Leicester City style bowl stadium - Villa Park doesn't really have corners that we could do that with.

Could they put a small tier of seats where the boxes are in the North Stand similar to the bottom tier, then put loads of hospitality in the corners to fill the gaps?  Might add a couple of thousand seats to the stand.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Could they put a small tier of seats where the boxes are in the North Stand similar to the bottom tier, then put loads of hospitality in the corners to fill the gaps?  Might add a couple of thousand seats to the stand.

It's a bit of a mystery where extra seats would go - there's some talk in the Development thread on it.

• Like 1

the only reason VP has seats available for games is becuase they release unsold terrace view and lower grounds like a week before the game, when many cannot make such last minute plans to go. not to mention that those that list their seats for resale get released around that same time. the 'initial' allocation of seats at pretty much all PL games at VP sell out

54 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whilst I was unable to attend this meeting personally, there was a feeling from those that did that the notes didn't quite capture the way some of the issues were present and discussed, as a result, the group have added some notes to those originally produced by the club as per the below:

Bodymoor Heath redevelopment?

yMI_L1.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Whilst I was unable to attend this meeting personally, there was a feeling from those that did that the notes didn't quite capture the way some of the issues were presented and discussed, as a result, the group have added some notes to those originally produced by the club as per the below:

The FAB responses sound like they’re a pre curser to a formal complaint to the FA about the consultation process. Is that likely or is it more of a gripe at the club? In any case, I’d really like to see the new badge before anything further happens.

I agree with others that the 200 seats is a feeble excuse. European attendances (and atmospheres) have been quite poor but the PL attendances have been consistently excellent. The club have tried to force people towards hospitality options to secure tickets and people may have resisted that but any other tickets that haven’t sold will mostly be isolated seats, maybe those that have been returned by season ticket holders after the game has officially sold out. I’ve said before the club are useless at advertising these.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The FAB responses sound like they’re a pre curser to a formal complaint to the FA about the consultation process. Is that likely or is it more of a gripe at the club? In any case, I’d really like to see the new badge before anything further happens.

I'm glad to see the group showing some real displeasure. You can really see a gradual deterioration of the collaborative element of the meetings since the started, and for a good few months the vibe from the notes has been that the club summon some fans, tell them stuff, then shove their fingers in their ears when the fans say anything back. I've sometimes had the impression (perhaps unfairly) that the fan reps were perhaps a bit reluctant to rock the boat too much about not feeling heard. 

Bloody good response from them this time though. I appreciate what the owners are doing, but they shouldn't be dictators here, we'll be around long after they're gone (and certainly long after Heck gets chucked in the bin).

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

I’m sick of the badge stuff, just want them to pick and stick with a design. They can’t win really. Many people have said previously that the new round badge was too concerned with fan feedback and designed by committee, and therefore basically a rehash of the 1980s badge. Now the club are being accused of ignoring fans opinions and designing their own vision. Whilst the FAB are complaining about this, many have said in the past that this was the correct approach all along. So it’s basically impossible to please everyone and your views on the approach to the design and consultation probably boils down whether you like the end product or not.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sne said:

200 tickets on average not selling in nothing. Could likely sell those easily enough by addressing the issues in point #6 by fixing the ticket office opening times. Mainly thou it's likely down to people not bothering since they don't think there are any seats left.

Don't buy that excuse at all tbh. The 30.000 waiting list or whatever feels exaggerated but I don't think it's zero either. Think it's cost and Heck wanting it his way that's the issue/reason.

Maybe a reason why some seats go unsold is the godawful website. I'm not computer illiterate but sometimes it's impossible to identify a free seat.

Utterly garbage.

• Like 3

200 seats free??

I tried to get 6 tickets for the Sheffield game the day before ( my director said book on expenses :), none on Website, only literally about 20 random spread around, an when I went the ticket office next day 10am was told fully sold. So where are these secret 200 seats.

• Like 2

Just to add that this 200 empty seats line is an absolute farce. Leftover tickets doesn't prove the demand isn't there. I literally didn't know about leftover tickets until two weeks ago, I bet there's many more like me.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just to add that this 200 empty seats line is an absolute farce. Leftover tickets doesn't prove the demand isn't there. I literally didn't know about leftover tickets until two weeks ago, I bet there's many more like me.

It's a refresh job on the website which is a ballache.

A better idea if the game is sold out and then they add season ticket returns is to register your interest on how many tickets you require.   I don't think that service exists it really should though.

7 hours ago, FLVillan said:

I thought there was a massive waiting list for season tickets?  So, if true, how can a new stand not be logical?

They don't want the new seats to be filled by season ticket holders, they want daytrippers and tourists who will spend a lot more money per game attended.

Presumably as the LG and TV are not selling to capacity, they've decided not to expand until on pitch success makes us a more attractive day out for tourists.

**** modern football