Premier League shareholders meeting 2023/11/21

ender4

Unless Wolves have interests in other clubs that I'm not aware of, I would not be shocked if you looked through their bank accounts and discovered a significant amount of mysterious Saudi money appearing in the recent past.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Unless Wolves have interests in other clubs that I'm not aware of, I would not be shocked if you looked through their bank accounts and discovered a significant amount of mysterious Saudi money appearing in the recent past.

Mendes got Neves to Saudi Arabia.  I imagine he wants to stay very well connected and holds influence over Wolves somewhat.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Bribery and corruption...can't trust the Saudi business model.

Incentivised voting perhaps?

3 Saudi Owned clubs voted for it

City who have a network of clubs

Burnley who are pretty much Citys feeder club and take the unwanted rubbish from them

Forest and Everton(if takeover goes through) have clubs in a network

Wolves are connected with Mendes who has made a fortune sending his players to Saudi

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

3 Saudi Owned clubs voted for it

City who have a network of clubs

Burnley who are pretty much Citys feeder club and take the unwanted rubbish from them

Forest and Everton(if takeover goes through) have clubs in a network

Wolves are connected with Mendes who has made a fortune sending his players to Saudi

I thought it was sheff utd not burnley?

Interesting that this block voting only contained a couple of the 'elite' clubs. Another way to disrupt the established order, I guess. Also, I can't help feeling that Newcastle may have gotten all their ducks in a row before speaking publicly about their intention to loan from Saudi (it was interesting that Dan Ashworth gave the press conference rather than Eddie Howe and that was before there was any mention of a vote...🤔)

Bottom line, the Saudis are trying to use any advantage while it is not prohibited (same as Chelsea/Man City etc. have done previously). I mean the concept of FFP didn't really exist until the spending started to really get out of hand. No doubt there will be more stringent rules/laws relating to multi-club ownership in future (the Premier League maybe didn't expect an owner's portfolio to include multiple clubs in the same league), but by that time - whoops! - more state-backed clubs will have cemented themselves at the top of the football establishment. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

20 hours ago, ender4 said:

- TV money distribution for 2025 onwards - Big 6 want it to move from 1-1.6 to 1-1.8, favouring the tops teams. 

Has anyone heard anything about this element - for me it's maybe a bigger one than the headline grabbing loan rules thing - did this get passed?

How are they defining the big teams in this regard?

I don't agree with it on principle, a more even league financially is a better league and the top teams already get enough going their way in terms of income - but if it's based on league position then at least I guess it would be some sort of meritocracy - if it's not, and if it's somehow being sold as a coefficient based brand managed big 6 not top 6 Spurs and Chelsea friendly old boys stitch up, then I would very much hope it was heavily voted down and that everyone in the room got to slap Daniel Levy on his stupid bald head.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Has anyone heard anything about this element - for me it's maybe a bigger one than the headline grabbing loan rules thing - did this get passed?

How are they defining the big teams in this regard?

I don't agree with it on principle, a more even league financially is a better league and the top teams already get enough going their way in terms of income - but if it's based on league position then at least I guess it would be some sort of meritocracy - if it's not, and if it's somehow being sold as a coefficient based brand managed big 6 not top 6 Spurs and Chelsea friendly old boys stitch up, then I would very much hope it was heavily voted down and that everyone in the room got to slap Daniel Levy on his stupid bald head.

The media hasn’t reported on it at all.  Maybe it was discussed but it didn’t get as far as a vote and will move to next months meeting. 

When it was being discussed in previous months, I remember reading that Liverpool and Man Utd were arguing that they led the global growth and therefore they should get a bigger share of the spoils. The counter argument was that the way to allow for this was to do it on league position with a possible flex if a team was in the CL (as it gave more international exposure to the PL).  

There was also some talk about the 1-1.6/1.8 ratio being affected by CPI year on year… though not sure why that would even have an impact on the principle of the split. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You make me laugh 

So now neves is a poor player because he is playing in a league thats the equivalent of league teo 😂

To answer your other point, they probably prioritied the other positions ahead of cm as they signed tonali.  Makes sense really

Perhaps, Neves moved to Saudi for a big pay day, having already been told he would be signing for Newcastle in January, in any case?

Neves

1 minute ago, John said:

Perhaps, Neves moved to Saudi for a big pay day, having already been told he would be signing for Newcastle in January, in any case?

Neves apparently doesnt want to leave SA in jan. They probably tell him you cant leave till summer as it will kick up a stink.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Neves

Neves apparently doesnt want to leave SA in jan. They probably tell him you cant leave till summer as it will kick up a stink.

I doubt the Saudi's are that bothered about kicking up a stink, but I agree that Neves will do what he's told to do. 

Wolves send loads of their younger players on loan to Grasshoppers of Zurich, not sure if Wolves owners have an official financial stake in the Switzerland outfit but, Grasshopper's owner is Jenny Wang, who is the wife of Fosun grand patron Guo Guangchang

10 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Burnley and Sheff united hopefully won't be here next season. So can we get a revote start of season? 

Sheffield United must have gotten a get out of relegation free card with their vote. 

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

You'd have look through Jorge Mendes and Fosun's bank accounts. They would be the ones pocketing the money, not the club. 

Edited by villa89

Â