Premier League shareholders meeting 2023/11/21

ender4

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

well neves is 100% certainty if you dont think that wasnt the plan for day one i dont know what to tell you.

They can affectly get a saudi club to buy darwin nunez for example for 100m then sell him to Newcastle or loan him (if they are above FFP) with option to buy following season for a fraction of the price

It stinks 

If the worse case scenario does happen and say a Saudi PIF club bought Bellingham for £200 million then loaned him to Newcastle for next to nothing then something will happen. That is clearly a FFP loophole that will be closed immediately due to outcry from opposition teams and the general public.

Loaning players between clubs you own seems a reasonable proposition. There will need to be further regulation to stop clubs taking the piss and I'm confident that regulation will come in and be approved.

• Like 1

Leave then with enough rope to hang themselves...

I'm sure we'll see deals go through that clearly indicate the Saudi Government are involved directly in the ownership of Newcastle.

And then absolutely nothing will be done about it anyway.

It's all shit, the PL are useless, and if you can't beat them, join them seems to be the approach.

16 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

If the worse case scenario does happen and say a Saudi PIF club bought Bellingham for £200 million then loaned him to Newcastle for next to nothing then something will happen. That is clearly a FFP loophole that will be closed immediately due to outcry from opposition teams and the general public.

Loaning players between clubs you own seems a reasonable proposition. There will need to be further regulation to stop clubs taking the piss and I'm confident that regulation will come in and be approved.

I think an amendment is that those other clubs would also have to fall within the Premier league profit and sustainability regulations. 

So 2 clubs that are Saudi owned, 1 that is Saudi funded in Chelsea, Man C who are state owned and has 10-15 clubs they own, Wolves who is in league with Mendes who does tons of transfers with Saudi. And then Everton who might be in need of some financial help? And then Nottingham, not sure about their reason.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

So 2 clubs that are Saudi owned, 1 that is Saudi funded in Chelsea, Man C who are state owned and has 10-15 clubs they own, Wolves who is in league with Mendes who does tons of transfers with Saudi. And then Everton who might be in need of some financial help? And then Nottingham, not sure about their reason.

It **** stinks. 3 clubs with saudi interests. 

Wolves everton forest can go **** themselves. They have effectively killed the game

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Forest's chairman, Marinakis, owns Olympiacos as well. 

I'm reaching here but Greece was initially meant to be part of that joint Saudi bid for the 2030 WC before FIFA found a way to just hand it to Saudi outright. Maybe this guy and the Saudis has some dealings and is doing then a favor?

Just now, sne said:

I'm reaching here but Greece was initially meant to be part of that joint Saudi bid for the 2030 WC before FIFA found a way to just hand it to Saudi outright. Maybe this guy and the Saudis has some dealings and is doing then a favor?

I dont think its that just taht twh saudis have paid him off. He would take a big payout he is a crook

Gotta be honest, I dunno what the big fuss is all about. 

Yes this highly benefits Newcastle and they'll probably loan in a couple players and dodge around FFP and whatnot but the league has been **** for years and years this is nothing new. Oh no they might loan in Ruben Neves to cover the Tonali ban, can't say I'm particularly worried. The Premier League is in the gutter full stop. 

We're not squeaky clean obviously, we have our V Sports model but, correct me if I'm wrong, that seems more driven to snapping up young talent? 

Maybe I'm just naive to the whole thing and the state of it all has just numbed me to these things. 

• Like 3

Moving players between clubs who has (or should at least) to follow FFP and clubs who does not is a pretty major loophole. Especially since said clubs have infinite money and can just blow everyone out of the water when it comes to salaries and fees.

I don't think they'll be buying players specifically just to loan them back to Newcastle, I'd argue even neves wouldn't happen if it wasn't for tonali and I don't see any others going there 

It's just a reaffirmation that they absolutely mugged the PL and they will continue to do so 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

well neves is 100% certainty if you dont think that wasnt the plan for day one i dont know what to tell you.

They can affectly get a saudi club to buy darwin nunez for example for 100m then sell him to Newcastle or loan him (if they are above FFP) with option to buy following season for a fraction of the price

It stinks 

If Neves was the plan from day one why did they not sign him and go for Tonali. Wolves had no problem selling to Premier League clubs last summer

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Gotta be honest, I dunno what the big fuss is all about. 

Yes this highly benefits Newcastle and they'll probably loan in a couple players and dodge around FFP and whatnot but the league has been **** for years and years this is nothing new. Oh no they might loan in Ruben Neves to cover the Tonali ban, can't say I'm particularly worried. The Premier League is in the gutter full stop. 

We're not squeaky clean obviously, we have our V Sports model but, correct me if I'm wrong, that seems more driven to snapping up young talent? 

Maybe I'm just naive to the whole thing and the state of it all has just numbed me to these things. 

So we have newcastle in janaury whwn they sign neves and if he scores winner against us will you still feel this way?

If we wanted neves you would imagine the saudi club will quote us stupid price them sell to newcastle for fraction of price

Its a disaster in my opinion

Â