Armistice day protests and counter protests

Jareth

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Terrible to see those far left mobs shouting England till I die. 

Apparently some were heard Singing ‘ain’t no black in the Union Jack’ too.

I just flicked through Twitter and it’s full of posts about the dark times, Jihad marches ‘patriots’ being attacked by police etc.  

It’s depressing 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m with you, 100%.

Calling for a ceasefire on armistice day just shows a complete lack of understanding.

People these days just don’t appear to even know or care what armistice means.

Odd isn't it? I'ts like saying you can't celebrate Jebus on Xmas day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently some were heard Singing ‘ain’t no black in the Union Jack’ too.

I just flicked through Twitter and it’s full of posts about the dark times, Jihad marches ‘patriots’ being attacked by police etc.  

It’s depressing 

Disgusting creatures 

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

As a non UK resident it is clear as day to me that since Brexit the Tory Party had gone further and further to the right and must be considered a populist party at this stage. 

Listened to the latest podcast from The News Agents when out walking the dog earlier.

Was interesting that they argue that the right of the Tory party has massively misinterpreted both the referendum result and the election victory of 2019. That the data basically says that both were the consequence of some pretty deprived areas that have been massively affected by deindustrialisation wanted economic revival, better jobs and generally better lives and in 2019 wanted all of the above and just to get the brexit thing over and get some stability. The Tories under Johnson offered both of those things but failed to deliver on both counts (mainly through Johnson being Johnson) and instead now treat the red wall voters as nothing but angry uneducated sheep who just hate foreigners and wokery.

Theyre getting massacred in 12 months so I wouldn’t worry too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Listened to the latest podcast from The News Agents when out walking the dog earlier.

Was interesting that they argue that the right of the Tory party has massively misinterpreted both the referendum result and the election victory of 2019. That the data basically says that both were the consequence of some pretty deprived areas that have been massively affected by deindustrialisation wanted economic revival, better jobs and generally better lives and in 2019 wanted all of the above and just to get the brexit thing over and get some stability. The Tories under Johnson offered both of those things but failed to deliver on both counts (mainly through Johnson being Johnson) and instead now treat the red wall voters as nothing but angry uneducated sheep who just hate foreigners and wokery.

Theyre getting massacred in 12 months so I wouldn’t worry too much.

I’d still worry about the alternative although surely can’t be any worse right? 

I’m up in London today and was around Covent Garden area , other than a few helicopters overhead it seemed quiet , plenty of people with Palestine flags that had bought their kids for a day out 

around 21:00 Charing Cross road was full of Muslims in Porsches , Mercedes and BMW’s showing their solidarity with Gaza by revving their engines and causing a traffic jam , didn’t see any counter protestors but guess they were all in the pub or jail by then 

Small query.

When the police statement says largely made up of football hooligans, does it mean they know for a fact they were football hooligans or is it more of a descriptive turn of phrase?

Not that it makes much of a difference, but just wondering. I guess I’m thinking that a Millwall* supporter who had never committed any football related hooliganism previously but went on the march today and caused problems might therefore be considered a football hooligan because he happened to be wearing his teams scarf.

It’s something of a nitpicky query by me, but just wondering if the police would have identified certain individuals or something.

*Millwall used as an example, hooliganism available from other football clubs

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Small query.

When the police statement says largely made up of football hooligans, does it mean they know for a fact they were football hooligans or is it more of a descriptive turn of phrase?

Not that it makes much of a difference, but just wondering. I guess I’m thinking that a Millwall* supporter who had never committed any football related hooliganism previously but went on the march today and caused problems might therefore be considered a football hooligan because he happened to be wearing his teams scarf.

It’s something of a nitpicky query by me, but just wondering if the police would have identified certain individuals or something.

*Millwall used as an example, hooliganism available from other football clubs

The police have a vast database of "faces" and have spotters at big events like this. I'd anticipate the "football hooligans" thing is fairly well qualified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1