Armistice day protests and counter protests

Jareth

37 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Whatever your political persuasion, its bad form allowing marches on Armistice Day that was bound to provoke counter marches. 

The problem is with anti protest marchers who are either too ignorant to know what this is about or support the bombing and killing of children, women and the elderly in Gaza. I just don't get it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

There is a child currently being killed every 10 minutes in Gaza. If today is not a day to march for a ceasefire and peace in Palestine then I don't know when is. 

Yes maybe wait another week while thousands more are killed. 

I know anyone with more than half a brain cell knows these far right thugs have rocked up today looking to cause trouble but what is their official bullshit line for walking around acting all hard chanting 'Allah is a peado' and 'There ain't no black in the Union Jack'?

Just now, markavfc40 said:

I know anyone with more than half a brain cell knows these far right thugs have rocked up today looking to cause trouble but what is their official bullshit line for walking around acting all hard chanting 'Allah is a peado' and 'There ain't no black in the Union Jack'?

Foreign people marching I imagine. I don’t know anyone there, though. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Protecting the. Cenotaph that they seemingly had to charge at police lines to get to 

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They could have been called in to be fair. 

True but the first video really doesn’t show the speeches at a rally in Hyde Park does it :D 

These tales appear to be reported nowhere but by nutjobs on Twitter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

True but the first video really doesn’t show the speeches at a rally in Hyde Park does it :D 

These tales appear to be reported nowhere but by nutjobs on Twitter.

They are also nothing like the drunken fighting with police that the Tommy Robinson brigade have been doing all day.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Whatever your political persuasion, its bad form allowing marches on Armistice Day that was bound to provoke counter marches. 

Not really. Different part of the city at a different time.

Nobody would have made a huge fuss if it wasn’t for the Home Secretary’s comments this week.

Also If the counter protest was equally peaceful then there would have been no issue.

• Like 2