Armistice day protests and counter protests

Jareth

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Whatever your political persuasion, its bad form allowing marches on Armistice Day that was bound to provoke counter marches. 

'Allowing' marches? The police had no problem with it. And those 300k people observed Armistice Day just as much as anyone else. If you disagree with someone's right to march, for peace, I imagine you'd probably enjoy some Netanyahu style democracy.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Only shows the one side though doesn’t it. You can also see stuff being lobbed from both sides. Not sticking up for some of the idiots but a clearer picture is needed 

Just seen videos of the Palestinian protest, its proper kicking off just as bad.

Should have been a conversation not to have both on the same day, total disrespect for me.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

'Allowing' marches? The police had no problem with it. And those 300k people observed Armistice Day just as much as anyone else. If you disagree with someone's right to march, for peace, I imagine you'd probably enjoy some Netanyahu style democracy.  

Not at all, it’s all about timing and respect

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Mate, the blokes who died for us would probably agree that a far right government is a bad idea. 

They probably would, but I doubt very much they would be overly pleased that a protest match of that size was instigated on the one day a year when their sacrifice is remembered by all. Like I say it’s all about timing and respect.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Only shows the one side though doesn’t it. You can also see stuff being lobbed from both sides. Not sticking up for some of the idiots but a clearer picture is needed 

The thing is the far right thugs have turned up looking to incite trouble.

Just now, Follyfoot said:

They probably would, but I doubt very much they would be overly pleased that a protest match of that size was instigated on the one day a year when their sacrifice is remembered by all. Like I say it’s all about timing and respect.

It's not like an email went out to say come and attend a march. Decent people, who respect the war dead, feel that what is happening right now supported by our government is not acceptable. You don't get a train to London to march if you don't feel there's some huge injustice happening right now. Why should a day where we remember those who died in a senseless war, not have something in common with a current equally senseless slaughter in Gaza? Or are we being picky about who gets to remember the dead?

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's not like an email went out to say come and attend a march. Decent people, who respect the war dead, feel that what is happening right now supported by our government is not acceptable. You don't get a train to London to march if you don't feel there's some huge injustice happening right now. Why should a day where we remember those who died in a senseless war, not have something in common with a current equally senseless slaughter in Gaza? Or are we being picky about who gets to remember the dead?

Not at all, but we’re talking about a world war and the loss of massive amounts of lives being remembered. I’m not at all belittling anything regarding what is going on in the Gaza Strip all I’m saying is there are plenty of other days. I’m sure when the madness stops the dead in this conflict will be remembered by the people involved in it.

Edited by Follyfoot

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Just seen videos of the Palestinian protest, its proper kicking off just as bad.

Should have been a conversation not to have both on the same day, total disrespect for me.

I can’t see this being reported anywhere, can you post anything to corroborate this?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The two sides are the Police and The Right Wing nutjobs, the police aren't stuck in the middle of two groups