Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

On 12/11/2020 at 16:00, HanoiVillan said:

Lee Childs being a fan of Villa is covered extensively in the thread in On Topic called 'Famous Villa Fans', which I found the other day when wondering whether to create a thread of people you're devastated to discover are Villa fans.

(To be clear, I have absolutely no opinion about Lee Childs, the person irritating me at that moment was Lord Austin of Dudley).

Mervyn King. Arsehole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes. Bottom three, in no particular order, Mervyn King, 'Lord' Ian Austin and Nick Timothy. Absolute dangers.

John Taylor, Baron Taylor of Warwick. 

I was at school with him. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Look up his Wikipedia entry. 

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I see criminal convictions are no barrier to remaining in our embarrassing upper chamber 🙄

I also see that he is a politician that has never actually been elected, an ex-barrister (seemingly the Bar has a higher standard than the House of Lords) and an evangelical christian. His defence for being dishonest being "I was told to" which is just a farce as well. He just sounds delightful.

Was he as good in school @mjmooney?

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I also see that he is a politician that has never actually been elected, an ex-barrister (seemingly the Bar has a higher standard than the House of Lords) and an evangelical christian. His defence for being dishonest being "I was told to" which is just a farce as well. He just sounds delightful.

Was he as good in school @mjmooney?

Sucked up to teachers a lot. 

My Hunt for the Original McDonald’s French-Fry Recipe

McDonald’s original french fries were cooked in beef tallow. For that fact, they were bullied out of production by a well-funded, well-intentioned businessman and self-proclaimed health advocate named Phil Sokolof, who unknowingly dethroned what many fans claim was the greatest french fry to ever meet mass production.

My hunt for the lost McRecipe took me up the corporate ladder and to obsessive corners of Reddit. I spoke to fast-food experts, super-fan museum curators, and a 79-year-old former employee of the very first McDonald’s. After weeks of digging, I procured a recipe for the original fries that one fast-food historian believes to be the real deal, one I recreated several times to ensure its legitimacy. I sweat over hot tallow, bled from cutting perfect shoestrings, and literally got pulverized salt in those wounds. But according to at least one expert, I have reason to believe the recipe I’ve uncovered is authentic.

More in link...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Brazil’s northernmost point is closer to Canada than it is to Brazil’s southernmost point

If the interweb is to be believed then , Brazil's northernmost point is closer to every country in the Americas than to Brazil's southernmost point

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

On 26/11/2020 at 15:25, StefanAVFC said:

Mervyn King. Arsehole.

The only time I've won poster of the day was when he replied to my email after he quit Villa before the Doc took over and I posted it on here.  Bit of totally useless information right there, just thought I'd stick up for him anyway.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2020 at 14:42, BOF said:

When conducting an experiment to see if a small, particular element will affect the popularity of a song it’s probably going to skew results somewhat when you present it within the greatest tune ever!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

If the interweb is to be believed then , Brazil's northernmost point is closer to every country in the Americas than to Brazil's southernmost point

Correct, that was going to be my follow up :D 

• Haha 1

Â