Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

That amounts to approx $17,374,000,000 (4760 x 365 x 10,000)

Bezos is supposedly worth $196,000,000,000

So true

This time next year, Rodney....

Edited by choffer
  • Haha 1

So why Jeff. You could spend $100,000 a day for the next 5,000 years with no interest or until the earth explodes with 1% interest. I get you want to provide for your kids or 

you could maybe help save the planet.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

In 1974, the mummy of Pharaoh Rameses II was sent on a flight to Paris for preservation and maintenance work. But since French law required every person, living or dead to fly with a valid passport,  Egypt was forced to issue a passport to the Pharaoh, 3,000 years after his death.

FB_IMG_1599947234136.jpg

I almost posted that yesterday but then saw all the fallout with people pulling the whole thing apart because the passport was obviously not legit and presumed the VT naysayers would do the same. Even if the picture isn’t genuine (biometric passports in 1974?), it’s still a great story. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, choffer said:

I almost posted that yesterday but then saw all the fallout with people pulling the whole thing apart because the passport was obviously not legit and presumed the VT naysayers would do the same. Even if the picture isn’t genuine (biometric passports in 1974?), it’s still a great story. 

Yeah, I suspect the story is true, but no picture exists of the original passport, so somebody mocked one up. 

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

The Platypus is a monotreme, a small group of mammals that both lays eggs and produces milk. This makes it one of the only animals that can make its own custard.

LTgdH3aE3sitD5Hwvf7Nym-1200-80.jpg

God must have been pissed that day. Or high. Or both!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If you’re planning on going to Mars any time soon, tonight is the closest it will be to Earth for the next 15 years.

Surely I’d have needed to set off about 6 months ago to benefit?

Edited by Genie

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

If you’re planning on going to Mars any time soon, tonight is the closest it will be to Earth for the next 15 years.

There is some weird equation about when we should leave to explore the milky way that takes into account the speed the technology will get us there vs if we leave in 30 or 50 or 5 years becasue after 50 years you might be able to go 3 times faster than at 30 years technology.  

Stasis must be possible or its a no go afaik.

I could just look it up but does anyone know what I am on about (more fun)? It's a bit vague and I am doubting it now 😀

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

There is some weird equation about when we should leave to explore the milky way that takes into account the speed the technology will get us there vs if we leave in 30 or 50 or 5 years becasue after 50 years you might be able to go 3 times faster than at 30 years technology.  

Stasis must be possible or its a no go afaik.

I could just look it up but does anyone know what I am on about (more fun)? It's a bit vague and I am doubting it now 😀

Like those people that overtake you on the straight bits of road because they’ve got an Audi and they’re very very fast expert drivers. Then you pass them at every junction and set of lights because they were driving too fast to work out which lane moves quickest.

Same thing.

• Like 1

Â