Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

On 13/04/2022 at 21:31, chrisp65 said:

My wife’s mobile number is weirdly close to this. To the point where I’d have thought that it was either a number they wouldn’t give someone, or you’d have to pay some crazy premium for it. But it was just a random standard price purchase. I’m not going to say what it is obviously, but its like 07766 554433

Just on the off chance you’ve really published her number , Time for this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Alisha Lehmann has 3 million more followers than jack Grealish 7.1 million 😮

I went on just to check this......................................honest 😂

I also didn't know she left her 'girlfriend' for the man that is Luiz!

Talking of Lehmann - what a talent 🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A week late on this but the B-52 bomber celebrated 70 years of flight last Friday. Quite an incredible aeroplane. I think its come up in this thread a few times but oh well. Since entering the aviation world I've paid far more attention to this kind of thing.

On 16/04/2022 at 11:48, foreveryoung said:

Alisha Lehmann has 3 million more followers than jack Grealish 7.1 million 😮

I went on just to check this......................................honest 😂

I also didn't know she left her 'girlfriend' for the man that is Luiz!

I watched her play for villa ladies (obvs) vs man citeh. 

Now, we got battered 4 or 5 nil but that alisha bird looked like she'd just come from a night out - and played like it too.

Fake tan, false eyelashes too as well as full make up - for a bloody football game ! All about image eh ? 🙄

28 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

A week late on this but the B-52 bomber celebrated 70 years of flight last Friday. Quite an incredible aeroplane. I think its come up in this thread a few times but oh well. Since entering the aviation world I've paid far more attention to this kind of thing.

If anyone goes to Orlando I would recommend visiting the B52 Park at the Airport.  Its hidden from plain site and not many people realise its there.  There is a retired B52. It's amazing to see close up.  

I need to go to more flight museums. Last one I went to was in Lothian in Scotland. Had a Concorde there which is a magnificent beast

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If anyone goes to Orlando I would recommend visiting the B52 Park at the Airport.  Its hidden from plane site and not many people realise its there.  There is a retired B52. It's amazing to see close up.  

bunk-headshake.gif

Can't leave that open goal. I'm not angry, just disappointed. FTFY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If anyone goes to Orlando I would recommend visiting the B52 Park at the Airport.  Its hidden from plain site and not many people realise its there.  There is a retired B52. It's amazing to see close up.  

Intrepid air. sea, space museum is the place to go in New York. Got a Concord, Space Shuttle and when I went a SR71 on the aircraft carrier. 😮

1 hour ago, useless said:

BelishaBeacon2750Canthusus.jpg

A Belisha beacon is an amber-coloured globe lamp atop a tall black and white pole.

Some more totally useless information on the old Belisha beacons is that they were named after Leslie Hore-Belisha who was at the time Minister of Transport 

• Thanks 1

If you travel in a straight line heading northerly you will eventually end up travelling south and vice versa. 

But you can walk travel directly east or directly west for ever. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Speeling mishsteaks
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 19:15, leemond2008 said:

Some more totally useless information on the old Belisha beacons is that they were named after Leslie Hore-Belisha who was at the time Minister of Transport 

A probably very well-known fact is Pelican crossings are so named for PEdestrian LIght CONtrolled crossings 

• Like 1

Â