Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Since when was Perth a capital city? 

Australia is a federation of states like the USA, so it has state capitals

But I agree, its about as much a Captal City as Juneau

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Unless you specify 'state capital', the normal usage of the term 'capital city' is national capital. 

As far as I know any country that has states has a capital city for each state.Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria.Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland,Sydney is the capital city of NEW,etc etc. 

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

As far as I know any country that has states has a capital city for each state.Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria.Brisbane is the capital city of Queensland,Sydney is the capital city of NEW,etc etc. 

Yes, they do. But if you just say 'capital city' rather than 'state capital', the assumption will always be that you are referring to a national capital. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, they do. But if you just say 'capital city' rather than 'state capital', the assumption will always be that you are referring to a national capital. 

It's like saying Carlisle is the Capital City of Cumbria

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

A German newspaper once published a biography of Prince Phillip that reported he had 24 illegitimate children. 

The following day they corrected the story.  He had 24 god-children.

So how many illegitimate children did he have?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder how close anybody in the world gets to having the telephone number 1234 56789? 

Why don't you try phoning it and see if anyone answers? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder how close anybody in the world gets to having the telephone number 1234 56789

My wife’s mobile number is weirdly close to this. To the point where I’d have thought that it was either a number they wouldn’t give someone, or you’d have to pay some crazy premium for it. But it was just a random standard price purchase. I’m not going to say what it is obviously, but its like 07766 554433

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My wife’s mobile number is weirdly close to this. To the point where I’d have thought that it was either a number they wouldn’t give someone, or you’d have to pay some crazy premium for it. But it was just a random standard price purchase. I’m not going to say what it is obviously, but its like 07766 554433

Weird. Just tried that number and was greeted with "helo, gwraig i'r dub cariadus perchennog micro pidyn"

Don't speak the language so a bit lost. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

My pin code for my bank card is the same four numbers as the Wife’s in a slightly different order and this was the same before we met. 

Same, well almost. My pin code is the same as my wife's and all my money goes into her account. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Seat68 said:

Same, well almost. My pin code is the same as my wife's and all my money goes into her account. 

What’s hers is hers and what’s yours is hers 

been there and still reside there

• Haha 1

Â