Europa Conference League 23/24

Made In Aston

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Shame their fans can't go 🤣

I just hope we dont have to play them again as you know it will be a hostile two legged game.

Hopefully molde cause a upset.

The big teams have all been separated clearly to keep the tournament interesting 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just hope we dont have to play them again as you know it will be a hostile two legged game.

Hopefully molde cause a upset.

The big teams have all been separated clearly to keep the tournament interesting 

If we did draw them again, I think the police may insist on certain restrictions. Even possibly behind closed doors. I can't imagine they'd want a repeat

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If we did draw them again, I think the police may insist on certain restrictions. Even possibly behind closed doors. I can't imagine they'd want a repeat

More worried about our fans travelling to Poland 

2 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Knockout Round Play-off Draw
Sturm Graz vs Slovan Bratislava
Servette vs Ludogorets
Union Saint-Gilloise vs Eintracht Frankfurt
Real Betis vs Dinamo Zagreb
Olympiacos vs Ferencvaros
Ajax vs Bodo/Glimt
Molde vs Legia Warsaw
Maccabi Haifa vs Gent

Who are the hardest teams to play out of those? 

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Who are the hardest teams to play out of those? 

USG, Frankfurt, Betis, Olympiakos (purely for the tough away trip) and Ajax would all cause us problems. Legia too, although Im not sure they're as good as their results suggest - it's just a bastard of an away game

52 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

USG, Frankfurt, Betis, Olympiakos (purely for the tough away trip) and Ajax would all cause us problems. Legia too, although Im not sure they're as good as their results suggest - it's just a bastard of an away game

Olympiakos are shite. I've seen Ajax play a couple of times against AEK this season and they're not really up to much either - there are some good youngsters there but we'd batter them all the same. 

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks. I thought the same but when I see the draw I only see 16 teams. Am I being dumb?

The 16 teams will become 8 and will be added to the 8 (including Villa) who skip the next round because they won the group.

Calling it the last 32 is confusing.  It’s two rounds of 16 😆

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The 16 teams will become 8 and will be added to the 8 (including Villa) who skip the next round because they won the group.

Haha that makes sense to me now. I’m going back to sleep! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Yes, the "Round of 32" contains 24 teams, of which only 16 will compete.

• 1 month later...
Â