Europa Conference League 23/24

Made In Aston

I'd rather Brugge in the final, they are in a close title fight and would play big local derby few days before final that likely will be title decider. Though their form is outstanding at least they'd be more tired than us coming into the final, plus nicer for smaller nation to win the trophy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

I'd rather Brugge in the final, they are in a close title fight and would play big local derby few days before final that likely will be title decider. Though their form is outstanding at least they'd be more tired than us coming into the final, plus nicer for smaller nation to win the trophy.  

Yeah I'd much prefer Brugge to win the final but they will have the same issue with bent officials as us sadly.

They will be playing the final in Athens (if they win tonight) and the game will be fixed well beyond their control.

Can't imagine a world in which Olympiacos dont win the thing now.

7 minutes ago, allani said:

Italian TV said that there was a festival or public holiday (I couldn't quite work out which) in Bruges tomorrow and so they've moved the match forward so that it doesn't clash with this.

Tomorrow is Ascension Day, presumably it’s that.

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

Only 7 minutes of added time, despite a huge delay for firecracker smoke. UEFA wants an Italy v Greece final.

I don’t think UEFA gives a ****

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Only 7 minutes of added time, despite a huge delay for firecracker smoke. UEFA wants an Italy v Greece final.

Judging purely on the stats in this game, Fiorentina have battered Club Brugge. 

44 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Outrageous penalty decision, shocking (not shocking).

Just seen it - is it that bad?  The Fiorentina guy heads the ball then takes a leg to his chin.  It's probably a bit harsh in terms of the Club Brugge player is only trying to block the ball or something, but it's garbage defending and he connects with the attackers' head.

Now I've calmed down, you know what, we have had a great season and will be in with more great chances to win other trophies under this manager. The club overall will benefit hugely from this season.

If Fiorentina **** this up two years running I am going to be livid. I suppose at least Villa not getting through means I won't have to follow through on the frankly insane notion I was having of paying whatever it took to get to the final.

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

If Fiorentina **** this up two years running I am going to be livid. I suppose at least Villa not getting through means I won't have to follow through on the frankly insane notion I was having of paying whatever it took to get to the final.

Who gives a shit about this competition now? I have never watched or cared about a single non Villa game in this tournament and I certainly am not about to start now.

The ECL is dead to me. Long live the CL!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Who gives a shit about this competition now? I have never watched or cared about a single non Villa game in this tournament and I certainly am not about to start now.

The ECL is dead to me. Long live the CL!

Nailed it

Â