Europa Conference League 23/24

Made In Aston

On 14/12/2023 at 17:43, Dillon66 said:

Ajax and Frankfurt are miles above what we faced tonight. 

If we're still in the raffle for a Champs League place come March, doubt if Unai will use this as other than opportunity to give minutes to fringe players.

What would be the point ?

With respect this shows an absolute lack of appreciation of how Unai has approached Europe throughout his career.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's crooked as ****! 

They have rules where your spending is controlled by your revenue and at the same time are paying one club near double another for doing the same thing 

Yep, that’s why I don’t mind Man City as much as some when they said **** you to it all and broke the stranglehold. 

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

With respect this shows an absolute lack of appreciation of how Unai has approached Europe throughout his career.

With respect, Unai has never had to manage in the ECL before, with the a carrot of a Europa League place (as well as a bit of silverware) but also managing this clubs best ever chance of qualifying for the champions league......we've all heard him say how much he respects the competition and I believe him, but at the sharp end of the season he may prioritise one over the other if resources start getting tight on the player front.....

Thats not an absolute lack of appreciation.....thats reality.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Thats an incredible view. You don't mind that Man City said **** the rules, we are here to ensure you club will never win the league again and we will just pay our way, illegaly, to breaking every record ever set. Including taking the best players from Villa and everyone else, whether they need them or not?

They took Barry, Milner, Grealish with their ill gotten gains.

And you don't mind that?

They are the worst, most despicable thing to happen to any sport, ever.

The rules would more or less ensure that would be the case anyway

FFP is the worst most despicable thing to happen to sport ever... 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah, it's a hard one for me, I absolutely despise Man City, and they have cheated for every bit of their success, but the rules that they broke were nothing more than the cartel of existing elite teams pulling the ladder up behind them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Man City are a scummy club from top to bottom. From the owners, their celebrity fans, their normal fans and right down to doris the tea lady. Horrible. 

However I do agree that FFP is a disaster.

Draw for the next round is soon. Some interesting teams in this round. Frankfurt, Bodo, Ajax, Betis and Union SG

Legia and Maccabi Haifa we would probably also want eliminated for logistical and safety reasons

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Draw for the next round is soon. Some interesting teams in this round. Frankfurt, Bodo, Ajax, Betis and Union SG

Legia and Maccabi Haifa we would probably also want eliminated for logistical and safety reasons

Anywhere we can watch draw?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Glimt must be raging 

• Haha 1

Knockout Round Play-off Draw
Sturm Graz vs Slovan Bratislava
Servette vs Ludogorets
Union Saint-Gilloise vs Eintracht Frankfurt
Real Betis vs Dinamo Zagreb
Olympiacos vs Ferencvaros
Ajax vs Bodo/Glimt
Molde vs Legia Warsaw
Maccabi Haifa vs Gent

So I guess we are looking for a few big teams to knock each other out. Frankfurt and Union St-Gilloise is the standout tie. The Belgian are 8pts clear a the top of the Belgian League and so that should be a good one.

Ajax vs Bodo/Glimt is a good one also. The Norwegians have been fantastic over the past few years and they could win that tie.

Real Betis got a nice draw and nothing particularly interesting in the other ties.

• Like 2

Â