England v Australia/England v Italy

andykeenan

48 minutes ago, jim said:

Good result, good performance, no complaints.

Yeah that's the thing. During the thread it's England in turmoil or Southgate sucking the life out of the team. After a poor start England step it up and beat an (average) Italy very comfortably in the end.

This isn't a great Italy but if they make it they'll still be a tricky team to beat in the knockouts so this bodes well.

As I said during the match if Bellingham can replicate his club form next summer England will go very very close to winning the tournament, he is that good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Italy are poor, an they had top players missing.

I'm not bigging him up no way

Not bigging up, just stating facts. His approach worked today. I'm content with that. He's one of the winningest head coaches in England history, by far. Boring, too. 😉

58 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not bigging up, just stating facts. His approach worked today. I'm content with that. He's one of the winningest head coaches in England history, by far. Boring, too. 😉

I would hope he has so many victories with the talent at his disposal. However, until the FA can appoint a manager who is capable of instilling the self - belief and confidence that is required for any team to reach the pinnacle of international tournament football, then I'm afraid, all we will ever be is far but no far enough. 

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I would hope he has so many victories with the talent at his disposal. However, until the FA can appoint a manager who is capable of instilling the self - belief and confidence that is required for any team to reach the pinnacle of international tournament football, then I'm afraid, all we will ever be is far but no far enough. 

I'm shocked I'm saying it, but I think they'd play for Mourinho.

Bellingham is undoubtedly a world class player but ignoring his SHA connection, does anyone else think he's a bit of a tit? 

I fleetingly saw moments of the game, I had it on but wasn't properly watching. However, I did see when the Italian player pushed him in the chest and he went down holding his face. Ridiculous. 

Also the way he went straight to the camera when Rashford scored was a bit odd, you rarely see that and it did smack a bit of 'it's all about me'. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Bellingham is undoubtedly a world class player but ignoring his SHA connection, does anyone else think he's a bit of a tit? 

I fleetingly saw moments of the game, I had it on but wasn't properly watching. However, I did see when the Italian player pushed him in the chest and he went down holding his face. Ridiculous. 

Also the way he went straight to the camera when Rashford scored was a bit odd, you rarely see that and it did smack a bit of 'it's all about me'. 

Yeah I've noticed it this season, he comes across a bit smug to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I've noticed it this season, he comes across a bit smug to me.

I guess when you become one of the very best player in the world at such a young age then you have that warrant to be a bit of a smug. And the fact him singlehandedly gave England the first two goals last night.

But yes, that face holding was embarrassing of course no one mentioned it at the time on live TV.

• Like 1

Bellingham is class but what a weasel. Should have been sent off for that terrible bit of play acting when he got pushed and was holding his face.

How thick are some of these footballers blatnetly cheating ans VAR and can now see it

• Like 1

I hate Southgate as manager, think he is totally the wrong person, but you have to give credit in my lifetime it has been unthinkable that England would beat Italy 3-1. It probably says more about the state of Italian football.

i didn't see the game so cannot comment on the play acting but playing devil's advocate, we loved that bit of arrogance when jack played for us. if it makes him part of the player he is, then he should crack on. he's absolute class

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Didn't even bring Ollie on. Honestly, it's just the same old England, qualify with ease, but come the tournament, it's a mentality thing, and under this clown we will always come up short. 

I don't think you can pick on this particular manager because every time England have looked like they might, they have bottled it, when it mattered.

England have a history of failure and I can't see that changing.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i didn't see the game so cannot comment on the play acting but playing devil's advocate, we loved that bit of arrogance when jack played for us. if it makes him part of the player he is, then he should crack on. he's absolute class

I didn't. I don't love any kind of play acting, be it a player in a Villa shirt or not. 

If you can't play the game honestly and let your talent speak for itself then that's a reflection on your character. 

It's why I can't entertain Maradona in a conversation of best ever player, he was a cheat.

Someone needs to speak to Bellingham and tell him it's not a good look. He doesn't need to do it, he has all the talent in the world. 

• Like 1

Â