England v Australia/England v Italy

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Bellingham is brilliant and heading for world class if not there already.

But he needs to watch the ego.

I think that will be one of his strengths.  The kid is going to win everything and he will drag everyone with him whether they like it or not 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Keeper - in modern football controlling possession and playing with his feet pickford is better than Robinson, in old money where keepers were judged on not having T-Rex arms Robinson was better

RB - Neville probably edges it but the modern team has ridiculous depth with TAA, James, walker

Conversely CBs is the opposite, even stones would be about 6th choice

LB - Cole by a distance

DMC - rice

CM - this is what I meant earlier, as Bellingham is showing at real madrid he can play European / International football, he will end up better than Gerrard lampard and Scholes - there's no depth here though

AMC - with a better manager foden and Grealish would make this interesting, theres more depth in the current team

Striker - kane

Its closer than you think, the difference is the defence imo the gulf in class is monstrous

But like I said that depends what you think of Gerrard, Scholes and lampard, personally I think all 3 are overrated as **** at international level, they weren't suited to it, they were world class Premier League players

GK - we haven't got anyone close to what else is around at this level

RB - Neville followed orders and knew his limits but he's not at the level of Walker, TAA or James

LB - yeah cole was class, trippier is tidy though but a win for cole

CBs - totally, our English pair are better than Southgate's picks but I don't think anyone would say Ming's and Konsa are the best in Europe or the world

DMC rice is a very good player, better than what we had in the middle

CM - Bellingham is frightening, could be in the running for the best English player in the modern era by a mile if he continues to develop. We've got Mount here and others who can do a job but Bellingham is head and shoulders above golden generation.

Trequartista/AMs - Grealish, Saka, Foden... All better than what we had 

Striker - Kane, Rashford better than Golden Generation.

I think the yardstick should be how other countries view our players. The golden generation players were not seen as better than what Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina... had. This crop of players get called by foreign journalists and commentators technically superior, which I have never heard about English players.

Â