Match Thread: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

What a bizarre half of officiating. There weren’t even late flags at times, just no flags. Bizarre inconsistency on fouls and then a situation where a foul is given to Chelsea, yellow to Digne and a VAR check for a red on the player Digne apparently fouled 🤣

In isolation Digne probably deserved the yellow for the cynical grab to stop the attack. Ludicrous to not stop it for the initial foul on Digne though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

What a bizarre half of officiating. There weren’t even late flags at times, just no flags. Bizarre inconsistency on fouls and then a situation where a foul is given to Chelsea, yellow to Digne and a VAR check for a red on the player Digne apparently fouled 🤣

Refs having a tough day for sure. Probably sick of getting yelled at toward the end there. Lol

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Old Villa would lose this game. It's on a knife edge.

I agree. I think old villa would probably have conceded by now though… so maybe we’ll turn this round in the second half. 
I am glad we’ve been defending not resolutely

So if you run, with your arms in an unnatural position - like above your head - and smash someone in the face with a elbow you get a free kick? Wow. 

This ref is an absolute joke. 

Get Duran on, he will score. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

In isolation Digne probably deserved the yellow for the cynical grab to stop the attack. Ludicrous to not stop it for the initial foul on Digne though

yeah Digne obviously dragged him down, but at that point he was probably seeing stars and not wanting to smash his head on the ground after the elbow to his face, so...

I love that there weren't enough touched morons in the UK for PGMOL to recruit, so they had to go to the Aussie A-league to find a **** stupid enough human being to be deemed worthy of officiating a Premier League game. 

They're the absolute pits, just brainless sacks of meat.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're playing well and I think edging it - their keeper has made two excellent saves and the referee has shown signs of getting flaky - give em 15 more minutes of Ollie then unleash the beast and we can take this.

Actor and comedian, Kenneth Williams 31st May, 1966

• Haha 2