Celebrity Scandals

ml1dch

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You know my mate as well then do you 

No???

I was commenting on what I perceived Brand to be on the few glimpses I've heard or taken notice of him.

In those instances, I think one of those occasions was he was on Question Time? to my suprise, but rather than having anything of use to really say and contribute to the agenda discussed at that time, he would instead rant about how there's "money out there, the rich are keeping us poor" slur, or something along those lines, before switching it over.

Between that, and his other silliness I've seen in the media on occasions and seems to not be afraid to "speak up", so my post was merely questioning if the idiot is now going to try now come back with some spill the bean revelation type scenario was what I was alluding to based on how he comes across.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No???

I was commenting on what I perceived Brand to be on the few glimpses I've heard or taken notice of him.

In those instances, I think one of those occasions was he was on Question Time? to my suprise, but rather than having anything of use to really say and contribute to the agenda discussed at that time, he would instead rant about how there's "money out there, the rich are keeping us poor" slur, or something along those lines, before switching it over.

Between that, and his other silliness I've seen in the media on occasions and seems to not be afraid to "speak up", so my post was merely questioning if the idiot is now going to try now come back with some spill the bean revelation type scenario was what I was alluding to based on how he comes across.

I was making a joke regarding my mate 🙂 

The thing about Brand he’s not being kept poor is he? Well he wasn’t , but he may struggle now but he’ll still be ok for a few quid 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was making a joke regarding my mate 🙂 

The thing about Brand he’s not being kept poor is he? Well he wasn’t , but he may struggle now but he’ll still be ok for a few quid 

Ah, my misunderstanding. ;)

I dare say he will no doubt have a nice looking bank account. 

I think YouTube have stepped in the way of that, No doubt others will follow suit possibly.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jimmy Savile didn't abuse every single child he met. Some of them got to go in helicopters or play at Wembley or sing with Bucks Fizz.

This is always forgotten. No one talks about the kids that got to abseil down the BT tower. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jimmy Savile didn't abuse every single child he met. Some of them got to go in helicopters or play at Wembley or sing with Bucks Fizz.

The ugly ones? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

A few "positive" things that I've read about Brand over the last few days

Georgina Baillie has said that while she doesn't disbelieve the women, she can't see Russell Brand as a rapist, she also pointed out that after the "sachsgate" Brand paid for her rehab and pretty much saved her life

Rhian Sugden said that when she was with Brand he was always pleasant and treated her very well, she also says that Dispatches and reporters were knocking on her parents door trying to get her to speak out on him

Kristen Bell said that despite threatening to "sock him in the bollocks" if he tried anything, she loved working with him and may be the only woman in the world who would scream it from the rooftops (even though this was after filming Sarah Marshall so she was possibly saying it during the publicity for the film)

One of his exes has said that Dispatches kept on badgering her asking for an interview via phone (to protect the girls being spoken to or to ensure that there is no evidence of what was discussed) she told them that she had nothing bad at all to say about him and they basically said that wasn't what they were looking for and didn't want to speak with her again

Dispatches and the times has said that they spoke with hundreds of people during their investigation, I wonder how many of these people actually said that despite being a bit of a prick who slept around he didn't do anything wrong to them? 

I wonder how the publics opinion would have been affected if there were a few positive or even neutral stories about him in there.

They felt that someone saying he walked about in his pants was worthy of mention but not a single positive account from someone that was actually in a relationship with him.

Again (I feel like I need to stress this every time I post something in here) I am not on Brands side, I am not doubting the women that have come forward.

In conclusion: he didn't sexually harass or rape every woman he's ever met.  

Good on him.  🤣

Anyone fancy actually having a pop at the question that was in my post?

If a few of them "positive" testimonies from people were included would it have changed the publics perception of him following the Dispatches program? would the mentality be more "innocent until proven guilty" or would he still be automatically assumed guilty based on the accusations that were in there? 

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Georgina Baillie has said that while she doesn't disbelieve the women, she can't see Russell Brand as a rapist, she also pointed out that after the "sachsgate" Brand paid for her rehab and pretty much saved her life

Rhian Sugden said that when she was with Brand he was always pleasant and treated her very well, she also says that Dispatches and reporters were knocking on her parents door trying to get her to speak out on him

Kristen Bell said that despite threatening to "sock him in the bollocks" if he tried anything, she loved working with him and may be the only woman in the world who would scream it from the rooftops (even though this was after filming Sarah Marshall so she was possibly saying it during the publicity for the film)

One of his exes has said that Dispatches kept on badgering her asking for an interview via phone (to protect the girls being spoken to or to ensure that there is no evidence of what was discussed) she told them that she had nothing bad at all to say about him and they basically said that wasn't what they were looking for and didn't want to speak with her again

Dispatches and the times has said that they spoke with hundreds of people during their investigation, I wonder how many of these people actually said that despite being a bit of a prick who slept around he didn't do anything wrong to them? 

I wonder how the publics opinion would have been affected if there were a few positive or even neutral stories about him in there.

They felt that someone saying he walked about in his pants was worthy of mention but not a single positive account from someone that was actually in a relationship with him.

Again (I feel like I need to stress this every time I post something in here) I am not on Brands side, I am not doubting the women that have come forward.

The woman who he allegedly raped said she had a very positive experience when they first had sex, but then said he was very different when she said no 

42 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

If a few of them "positive" testimonies from people were included would it have changed the publics perception of him following the Dispatches program? would the mentality be more "innocent until proven guilty" or would he still be automatically assumed guilty based on the accusations that were in there? 

I don't know if the mentality would have been different based on that. Maybe if it were all allegations of "she said/he said" it might make a difference, but two of them have text message apologies from him and one even has proof of visiting a rape crisis centre too.

He could've arranged for an Addison Lee to take her there, it still wouldn't have made up for what he did.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

If a few of them "positive" testimonies from people were included would it have changed the publics perception of him following the Dispatches program? 

I'm not sure it's massively relevant tbh. The fact that some women have had a positive experience with him doesn't negate the rapey bits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Just on this point. It’s probably also worth noting that Georgina Baillie became a drug addict and alcoholic following the fallout from his Sachsgate prank. He spent ten years joking about her in his stand up routines which she has said contributed to her trauma. He finally apologised and offered to get her some treatment only a couple of years ago.

13 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Just on this point. It’s probably also worth noting that Georgina Baillie became a drug addict and alcoholic following the fallout from his Sachsgate prank. He spent ten years joking about her in his stand up routines which she has said contributed to her trauma. He finally apologised and offered to get her some treatment only a couple of years ago.

Apparently he paid for her entire rehab treatment.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Apparently he paid for her entire rehab treatment.

It was probably the least he could do after ruining her life and making money off her story for a decade.

This is her version of events:

After Sachsgate, Russell made millions of pounds doing a stand-up routine about it and that was very hard and painful for me - I was the butt of the joke, I was young and didn't know how to process it and I turned to drink and drugs.”

Maybe he felt a he owed her something? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was probably the least he could do after ruining her life and making money off her story for a decade.

This is her version of events:

Maybe he felt a he owed her something? 🤷‍♂️

Suppose that's one of the reasons why you hear people regularly say "fame isn't what it's cracked up to be". It's rife with allsorts of shit and this recent scenario that's dictating the news makes up a percentage of that.

Â