Ben Hatton: Chief Operations Officer

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's what you Brits get for having so many similar generic names for the regular folk.

All Brits should have cool and comedic names like the Brit Footballers do... David Batty, Danny Drinkwater, Will Fish, Dean Windass etc to clearly distinguish themselves.

It's why I changed my name to Harry Potter. Didn't want something that would get confused for somebody else.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Xela said:

The COO is responsible for delivering what the CEO wants. 

I'm guessing Heck is the CEO (although he has a different job title)

I believe we've an Executive Chairman in Nassef. So the role of CEO and Chairman is merged essentially.

7 hours ago, wishywashy said:

In typical Birmingham Mail fashion, this isn't true: the Ben Hatton that ran Rippleffect and the Ben Hatton who worked for United & Blackpool are two different people, following a quick Google.

Unless the guy who ran Rippleffect had a side gig as a football executive without putting it on his LinkedIn. And grew a totally different face. Never know.

I’m confused now. We appear to have appointed a new COO when we already have one and there is a 50-50 chance we have appointed the wrong person. 😳😲

8 hours ago, wishywashy said:

In typical Birmingham Mail fashion, this isn't true: the Ben Hatton that ran Rippleffect and the Ben Hatton who worked for United & Blackpool are two different people, following a quick Google.

Unless the guy who ran Rippleffect had a side gig as a football executive without putting it on his LinkedIn. And grew a totally different face. Never know.

So which one have we hired?  Please be the random ripple one rather than the football guy 😆

12 hours ago, wishywashy said:

This is how I ended up getting appointed Head of Drama at BBC Television

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, brommy said:

It's all his fault.

41 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am a bit surprised by the lack of comms on the badge situation and the new north stand. Whatever else you say about him Purslow always was excellent on communicating decisions. 

Hatton out!

😂

On a serious note @Captain_Townsend , maybe they don't have any " decisions " to report yet!

I'd hope intensive work, research and due diligence would be going into these decisions to make the correct one, not the " quickest " one.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Hatton out!

😂

On a serious note @Captain_Townsend , maybe they don't have any " decisions " to report yet!

I'd hope intensive work, research and due diligence would be going into these decisions to make the correct one, not the " quickest " one.

As it's been weeks not days since Christian Purslow left (although he still lives rent-free in some minds!), the wait could actually be down to research, caution and diligence.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Think you'll find Ben Hatton simply identifies as Ben Hatton, thank you very much.

19 hours ago, Xela said:

The COO is responsible for delivering what the CEO wants. 

I'm guessing Heck is the CEO (although he has a different job title)

Heck is president of business operations for V Sports and Hatton will be COO for Villa. He will take on the day to day stuff that heck doesn't have time for our doesn't want to get involved with. It's effective a Purslow-lite role.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Heck is president of business operations for V Sports and Hatton will be COO for Villa. He will take on the day to day stuff that heck doesn't have time for our doesn't want to get involved with. It's effective a Purslow-lite role.

I'd have thought it would be a straight replacement of the existing COO.

Ben Hatton was at the Euro conference draw on our behalf by the way.

• Thanks 1

Â