Ben Hatton: Chief Operations Officer

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Wait... what?

Aston Villa ‘set' to make major appointment after Christian Purslow exit - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Aston Villa ‘set' to make major appointment after Christian Purslow exit

Aston Villa are reportedly set to complete the appointment of Ben Hatton as the club’s chief operating officer amid a major shake up behind the scenes.

It was confirmed back in June that Christian Purslow had stepped down as chief executive officer at the club, after nearly five years in the role. In a statement, the former Villa man outlined the ‘privilege’ to work for the club.

“It has been a total privilege to lead Villa for the last five years,” he said . “I am proud that I leave the club in a much better position on and off the pitch than when I arrived.

According to journalist Alan Nixon, via Patreon , Villa are closing in on appointing a replacement in Hatton, who has previous links with Villa due to the former partnership between the club and his business Rippleffect.

Hatton has previous experience in football, having held the post of managing director at Blackpool up until September 2019. He has previously worked in finance and media.

* Mods please put this in the right place if it's not correct.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, Withnail said:

What is the COO responsible for?  What do they get up to on a day to day basis?

The COO is responsible for delivering what the CEO wants. 

I'm guessing Heck is the CEO (although he has a different job title)

I would guess with our new modern setup, Heck on the Business and Monchi on the football they've basically sliced the ceo responsibility down to 2 roles without a full-time overall spearhead. I'm pretty certain that Hatton will be the glue that holds it all together 

50 minutes ago, Risso said:

There's already a COO, Paul Tyrell. A mate of Purslow I believe, but he's been at games this season so didn't leave at the same time Purslow did.

Yep, Paul has been there a while and I think has been fulfilling this role - a likeable Liverpudlian who once ran a company called the Tyrell Corporation and loves his cricket.

Hatton has worked at Blackpool and Man Utd - be interesting to see what fans of either of those teams made of him.

1 hour ago, Withnail said:

What is the COO responsible for?  What do they get up to on a day to day basis?

Senior Management Team member with responsibility for Operations, Safety and Security, HR, Health & Safety, IT, External Affairs, Communications, Women's Football.

(Is how the current one describes it).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

In typical Birmingham Mail fashion, this isn't true: the Ben Hatton that ran Rippleffect and the Ben Hatton who worked for United & Blackpool are two different people, following a quick Google.

That's what you Brits get for having so many similar generic names for the regular folk.

All Brits should have cool and comedic names like the Brit Footballers do... David Batty, Danny Drinkwater, Will Fish, Dean Windass etc to clearly distinguish themselves.

• Haha 4

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

So the COO is responsible for the Doos?

A quick explanation doos are what my wife and other members of the Scottish side of out family call pigeons. It’s a different language up here. Amd gets harder to explain the further east you go and closer you get to Aberdeenshire!my wife’s now sadly departed gramdma when in full Doric mode definitely spoke a language unique to the NE OF Scotland. Before we moved up here her family used to make allowances for me and speak more slowly and less Doric. When we moved up to the Highlands they assumed I was a local amd could understand everything they said!  I didn’t! Soon after we met my wife bought me a Doric to English phrase book. The people of the north east Scottish coast are a breed of their own. Great though but different from the rest of Scotland in both dialect and character. The fact that they’ve taken me amd Englishman into their hearts and lives makes me forever gratefully happy. They’re not dissimilar to Cumbrians which was the place of my Dad’s birth amd where I still have lots of family so perhaps we connect in that way. Whatever the reason, they’ll do for me. Sorry that was probably a little of topic, I’m. Not sure if we have a life story thread  but I won’t bore you all again. Not on this topic anyway, I can’t promise any other subjects are free of my twaddle though! and I’ve only touched the last few years  of my life, there’s more, especially since I’m no spring chicken! UTV!!!

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's what you Brits get for having so many similar generic names for the regular folk.

All Brits should have cool and comedic names like the Brit Footballers do... David Batty, Danny Drinkwater, Will Fish, Dean Windass etc to clearly distinguish themselves.

Like Smith and Jones you mean JV? 😁

• Haha 1

Â