Ben Hatton: Chief Operations Officer

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

On 06/09/2023 at 21:09, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aston Villa ‘set' to make major appointment after Christian Purslow exit - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)

Aston Villa ‘set' to make major appointment after Christian Purslow exit

Aston Villa are reportedly set to complete the appointment of Ben Hatton as the club’s chief operating officer amid a major shake up behind the scenes.

It was confirmed back in June that Christian Purslow had stepped down as chief executive officer at the club, after nearly five years in the role. In a statement, the former Villa man outlined the ‘privilege’ to work for the club.

“It has been a total privilege to lead Villa for the last five years,” he said . “I am proud that I leave the club in a much better position on and off the pitch than when I arrived.

According to journalist Alan Nixon, via Patreon , Villa are closing in on appointing a replacement in Hatton, who has previous links with Villa due to the former partnership between the club and his business Rippleffect.

You have to wonder about the state of journalism don't you?

"A major shake up behind the scenes" - looks like meaning, we're replacing Paul Tyrell as COO with Ben Hatton.

Then two paragraphs about Christian Purslow, who was never COO and has very little to do with this story, his only real connection being that Paul Tyrell is part of his handpicked senior management team and that it looks like Mr Heck will be changing that to select his own people.

Then a bizarre claim that choosing a new COO to replace our existing COO is Villa closing in on appointing a replacement for a man who was never COO with a man that does not in fact have previous links with Villa through a partnership with a business owned by a man who apparently isn't him but has the same name.

The whole thing is nuts.

Villa are making a minor change and replacing Mr Purslow's selected COO with Mr Heck's selected COO.

Probably.

It's not been confirmed yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am a bit surprised by the lack of comms on the badge situation and the new north stand. Whatever else you say about him Purslow always was excellent on communicating decisions. 

Yes. He might have come across as a bit reptilian but at least he was a face to represent Villa publicly.  We have had a deafening silence since he left as Heck as far as I am aware has not done a major interview yet. A reponse on the holte terrace saga, ticket price increases and stadium redevelopment would be nice.

Seems a bit strange for the gap between Purslow leaving and Hatton arriving as I thought they had 'reviewed' the management structure already.

I expect his role would be similar to an old fashioned club secretary like Steve Stride but with a fancy title instead.

Edited by The Fun Factory

14 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Seems a bit strange for the gap between Purslow leaving and Hatton arriving as I thought they had 'reviewed' the management structure already.

I expect his role would be similar to an old fashioned club secretary like Steve Stride but with a fancy title instead.

Since heck replaced Purslow, I think he's taking his time putting his own team together, I believe Nicola Ibbotson has gone and I think he's added people to the marketing teams, it's just a process that's taking him a bit of time as he interviews/headhunts the people he wants.

He's now found a COO he likes and I expect his role will be COO and will be similar to the COO role of Paul Tyrell, the person he's replacing.

I think Sharon Barnhurst, the club secretary, will continue in the role of club secretary.

10 hours ago, TRO said:

I know what it is....don't drag me in to it.....😃

😂😂😂 fair play TRO your my go to older Villa fan. Which is probably a little unfair and I should probably reference myself in that bracket now a days if I’m perfectly honest. As a keen Luddite I plead guilty to most charges!  Hope you’re keeping well these days mate?

UTV!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You have to wonder about the state of journalism don't you?

"A major shake up behind the scenes" - looks like meaning, we're replacing Paul Tyrell as COO with Ben Hatton.

Then two paragraphs about Christian Purslow, who was never COO and has very little to do with this story, his only real connection being that Paul Tyrell is part of his handpicked senior management team and that it looks like Mr Heck will be changing that to select his own people.

Then a bizarre claim that choosing a new COO to replace our existing COO is Villa closing in on appointing a replacement for a man who was never COO with a man that does not in fact have previous links with Villa through a partnership with a business owned by a man who apparently isn't him but has the same name.

The whole thing is nuts.

Villa are making a minor change and replacing Mr Purslow's selected COO with Mr Heck's selected COO.

Probably.

It's not been confirmed yet.

Sport/football journalists generally have no idea how a real multi-million pound business works. It comes through in so many ways and is weird given they are supposedly educated people who could research it even if they’ve never experienced it. 

19 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Heck is president of business operations for V Sports and Hatton will be COO for Villa. He will take on the day to day stuff that heck doesn't have time for our doesn't want to get involved with. It's effective a Purslow-lite role.

So wait a minutes, does that mean Heck's badge ideas are getting chucked for Hattons' badge ideas now?!

Won't somebody think of the badge!?! #savethebadge

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m showing mine too by knowing who you’re talking about! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

is that what they mean by "setting traps"?😄

we must get back on topic.

I hope the B, ham council's financial woes, doesn't give him any obstacles/set backs  with the new stand.

Edited by TRO

• 2 weeks later...
Â