Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not sure what's confusing @DCJonah. We've missed 2 sitters. Even the pro Liverpool commentators said both should have been scored. 

I know we have. But they've missed endless chances. You can't just focus on our missed opportunities. They're killing us. 

• Like 1

We’ve got to be patient with this team… we’ve had some real setbacks… it hasn’t gone smoothly at all… first with Emi, then Ty… now Diego? Tough start to the season for us…

Hopefully it’s all a big test and challenge we can overcome asap… need to show strength, fight and character. 

We are going to get a lot better as the season progresses… players to be integrated and settled…

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

High line against their attackers is a little suicidal. 

yeah, they're all lightning fast and it's one of the best front 3 in the league. I'm not surprised they're cutting us apart.

tbh i do think we need to evaluate this tactic of playing a high line against the top teams....seems crazy to me, no one would say we have some of the best defenders in the premier league i dont think and the fact that none of them are particualrly quick is a concern....do it against the bottom half teams for sure but against liverpool/newcastle/spurs, those tactics are madness

• Like 1