January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Incorrect.

'Yes but rounding up only works with math'

'Yes but rounding up only works with mathematical solution' is grammatically incorrect. You either need to use a plural or a determiner here and if you used a plural, you'd have solutions and there's an S there anyway 😋

Math is short for mathematical and can be used interchangeably 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Math is short for mathematical and can be used interchangeably 

No, it's not - it's short for 'mathematics'. Besides, it's grammatically incorrect to use 'mathematical' in our example sentence - it's an adjective that would require a noun: 'rounding up only works with mathematical' is not correct. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Traore probably wont be moving since he is still at the African Nations. Chambers hasnt been seen in a while is he injured?

The FFP thing shows we should not have given the keys to that clearing in the woods in 2022 with a disastrous January window because Coutinho I cant see us shipping out

41 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No, it's not - it's short for 'mathematics'. Besides, it's grammatically incorrect to use 'mathematical' in our example sentence - it's an adjective that would require a noun: 'rounding up only works with mathematical' is not correct. 

OK so I think it is 27s.... final answer.

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Traore probably wont be moving since he is still at the African Nations. Chambers hasnt been seen in a while is he injured?

The FFP thing shows we should not have given the keys to that clearing in the woods in 2022 with a disastrous January window because Coutinho I cant see us shipping out

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If that proves to be the case, he would be an option on our bench, I'm sure he's up for adding a couple of medals to his collection. Won't the US transfer window still be open after our one has closed too?

Not keen on Broja at all tbh… I want Duran to stay and develop with us… or find someone better somehow if he’s desperate to leave (no idea on this)… or give Zaniolo the chance to be that guy perhaps…(at least play more central)

If there’s any truth to Chelsea’s interest… don’t sell unless it’s a big fee and with significant add ons…

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not keen on Broja at all tbh… I want Duran to stay and develop with us… or find someone better somehow if he’s desperate to leave (no idea on this)… or give Zaniolo the chance to be that guy perhaps…(at least play more central)

If there’s any truth to Chelsea’s interest… don’t sell unless it’s a big fee and with significant add ons…

I like Broja but he's looked a bit shit since coming back from his injury. 

Which ofc is a red flag and a half. 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

A couple of players on the way perhaps…

spacer.png

Just noticed it closes on Feb 1st at 11pm so English clubs get an extra 24hrs 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

A couple of players on the way perhaps…

spacer.png

I assume based on activity, most probably Morgan and possibly the back up GK we are after…guessing 2nd on the list after that kid GK went to Brentford.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Yes but rounding up only works with math and not age … He’s 27 right now and will be until he’s 28 

If you or @Steero113 have indeed been indulging me and playing along to the joke of the two Arsenal fans arguing over a players age all those years ago, I salute you. 

If you haven’t, google it. It’s tremendous. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you or @Steero113 have indeed been indulging me and playing along to the joke of the two Arsenal fans arguing over a players age all those years ago, I salute you. 

I certainly have, and I'm proud of you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wasn’t it Jackson Martinez or Zapata but yes I do remember and was very funny Twitter exchange 

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

So if I’ve read the clickbait correct Chelsea want Duran and we want Broja so we will swop them on loan with obligations to buy, so they get the benefit towards FFP being Broja is homegrown and we defer buying buying to avoid FFP limits… But both deals will end up cancelling each other out …  Thoughts ? 

I don't want to sell Duran, as he has similar attributes to Drogba and could be a world class player eventually. The fact that Chelsea are hoovering up all the promising young talent and are interested just confirms my thoughts. The caveat is that maybe we don't have a choice if Duran has fallen out with Emery and wants to leave. 

• Like 2