January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

15 hours ago, thabucks said:

Birmingham is a massive shit hole and once second city is now no longer. Also Aston is an even bigger one … And brummies bless them so nothing but whine and moan. Give me LDN 9 times out 10 over Birmingham - yeah I said it ! The cultural hotspot of brum is a library which don’t many visit and the bull ring. 

Many brummies, who can, have moved out.....The Rural areas around Brum, are Lovely and peaceful.

Its a bit narrow minded to think, a blanket comment like all Brummies Moan and Whine, can be taken seriously.....thats a personality trait, and is not governed by where you live.

Anyway.....Back to the Transfer window.

I'm liking the links with youth, and players who have a bit of bite, which also rhymes with Height.....😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, thabucks said:

Birmingham is a massive shit hole and once second city is now no longer. Also Aston is an even bigger one … And brummies bless them so nothing but whine and moan. Give me LDN 9 times out 10 over Birmingham - yeah I said it ! The cultural hotspot of brum is a library which don’t many visit and the bull ring. 

From Cannock, Manchester for uni, London from 2005-2012, Chicago 2012 onwards.

I can say hands down that the least welcoming and the place the felt least like home in that entire time was London. Never worked for me.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

From Cannock, Manchester for uni, London from 2005-2012, Chicago 2012 onwards.

I can say hands down that the least welcoming and the place the felt least like home in that entire time was London. Never worked for me.

London struck me as the kind of city that you'd absolutely love if you were born and raised there and had a network of family and friends and meaningful landmarks and inside knowledge about the best places to go and things to do that tourists and day trippers would never know about, etc.

But if you weren't born and raised there, London would probably seem a bit cold, lonely, and impersonal, which it seemed to be to me.

But back on topic, if we signed ESR for 20m, it would be a great signing, IMO.

Edited by maqroll

Moleiro scored for Las Palmas today.

Weren't we linked to him last January?

Las Palmas are having a really good season and he's been a regular for them so wonder if we'll revisit him as a target now or in the summer?

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Moleiro scored for Las Palmas today.

Weren't we linked to him last January?

Las Palmas are having a really good season and he's been a regular for them so wonder if we'll revisit him as a target now or in the summer?

He was injured for the start of the season and is slowly getting back into form by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

I want ESR purely to piss off Arsenal fans.

He's just a bit part player for them now, no way is he ever getting ahead of Martinelli or even Trossard so needs to leave to get his career going.

Think he'll stay in Landan as per on topic for this thread as all of West Ham, Palace and Fulham will all be in for him. Random nature of Chelsea's transfers, they'll probably have a look aswell.

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Eze deserves better than Palace.

Should come here. Would probably improve his England chances too (or maybe not with cock nose in charge).

Would love him. Would've been great to pick him up after Grealish went as would've been perfect replacement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would love him. Would've been great to pick him up after Grealish went as would've been perfect replacement.

Imagine Eze McGinn Buendia JJ and Tielemans as the choices for our 2 x number 10 positions.

31 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Should come here. Would probably improve his England chances too (or maybe not with cock nose in charge).

Another player that won't leave Landan.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Another player that won't leave Landan.

Think he might have to, don’t see him staying at Palace beyond this summer. Could go Spurs or Arsenal but they have Maddison and Odegaard/Havertz. Chelsea I suppose but they ruin every player who goes there. We’d be a great option for him and he’d play a lot here and his contract is up in 2025 so would be available at a decent price I’d say.

Olise is another cracking player there but plays off the right so not a position we need to strengthen.

Edit: just realised he signed a contract extension until 2027 in November last year. So maybe won’t come at a decent price after all unless he puts in a transfer request.

Edited by Leeroy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

London struck me as the kind of city that you'd absolutely love if you were born and raised there and had a network of family and friends and meaningful landmarks and inside knowledge about the best places to go and things to do that tourists and day trippers would never know about, etc.

But if you weren't born and raised there, London would probably seem a bit cold, lonely, and impersonal, which it seemed to be to me.

But back on topic, if we signed ESR for 20m, it would be a great signing, IMO.

Yeah or were a multi millionaire and lived in the City I bet it's amazing.

No way to ESR, time of taking on arsenal cast offs is over

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Think he might have to, don’t see him staying at Palace beyond this summer. Could go Spurs or Arsenal but they have Maddison and Odegaard/Havertz. Chelsea I suppose but they ruin every player who goes there. We’d be a great option for him and he’d play a lot here and his contract is up in 2025 so would be available at a decent price I’d say.

Olise is another cracking player there but plays off the right so not a position we need to strengthen.

Edit: just realised he signed a contract extension until 2027 in November last year. So maybe won’t come at a decent price after all unless he puts in a transfer request.

We are not in an FFP position to even be discussing the likes of Eze or Olise.

• Like 1

It’s a hard no to ESR.

26 goal involvements in his entire career and one decent season. Arsenal were stupid enough to give him a huge contract and now is exactly the time due to FFP to make them regret it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We are not in an FFP position to even be discussing the likes of Eze or Olise.

We could be in the summer if we get CL football next season because his fee would be amortised over a ~5 year contract, so with additional revenue from league position, then champions league football, additional sponsorship and kit deal it’s certainly possible.

Edited by nick76

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

You're just jealous, not only is Gareth the most successful England manager in recent history, he's also a massive hit with the laydeeez.

Screenshot_2024-01-20-16-32-50-65_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.thumb.jpg.6040c0cbc10cd38f475e6ebc36048747.jpg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Coventry is the worst place I've been to on Earth. Followed by Longford Town. 

Tottenham is up there though. Absolute shithole and you'll need to be extra careful. 

You obviously haven't been to Stoke then! 

• Like 1

I wouldn't sign Smith Rowe if for no other reason than he sounds like a complete word removed with this street, road man accent so many of that generation and younger think it cool.

• Like 1