January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It was the rumour that I was criticising (complete fabricated nonsense) but sure… I’ll slag this guy off too because he quotes any rumour from any source… the odd one might have some credence though…

He’s just aggregating links or rumours, they are not his own…

This is likely more BS but something or a player to discuss/debate at least…

Struggling to know what to post here tbh 😂

May as well shut the thread if we’re just gonna go with “no one knows who we’re signing, we aren’t signing anyone etc” but…

the complete BS, fake, senseless, stupid rumours are annoying too so

I’m lost

🤷‍♂️

😂

It’s at least good to have something to discuss I suppose…

what I probably enjoy most is theorising on players who might be good targets (quality and value), fit in with the transfer strategy we appear/seem to be employing, and discussing how they would fit into and improve that first 11 or the squad…

we tend to mostly just bring up PL based players and names here* though which would be exorbitant in terms of fees and wages and don’t seem to correlate with the setup we have and signings we’ve made… I don’t envisage us shelling out on massive fees and massive wages from within the same league (we don’t even have that capacity really) who wouldn’t even be starters or better than we have…. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable stance…

*Rather than the sorts of players Monchi and Unai would apparently target/prefer, my personal assumption is that we’re looking all over for the ideal combinations of value and quality… but if there’s a “star” or potential star player that could enhance our first 11, we may go for it if a reasonable deal can be negotiated… similarly to Pau and Diaby…

Nedeljkovic signing is a good indication of our plans too…

La Liga links seem more likely, considering Unai and Monchi’s experiences there, but again… they have to be financially feasible and reasonable…

and then… there’s FFP but… I don’t wanna go into that again 😂, n it’s difficult to know our exact situation with that 

oh well, it’s supposed to be a bit of fun isn’t it?

Right?

😂

Have a Snickers Jas 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, allani said:

Agreed.  It feels like any signing would be a bonus rather than a necessity.  We could use a couple of extra options from the bench (who might in turn stake a claim for a starting spot) but a couple of players returning from injury / hitting form might give us those options anyway.  More to the point - if we don't sign anyone I will believe it is because (a) the manager is relatively happy with the players available and (b) the recruitment team thoroughly assessed the options available and concluded that better business could be done in the summer.  It is so refreshing to believe that we have a really competent recuitment team making considered decisions that are fully aligned with our coaches and manager.

Yes we’re already planning 2-3 years ahed now and not reacting to situations, we are happy to spend on a ready made player like we did with Pau & Diaby in the summer but also clever enough to wait for potential bargains like Tielemans and the rumours that we are in talks with Hermoso it’s just sensible business all round. 

• Like 2

Hopefully we get everyone fit and on form for another good run, looks like it's down to who we can ship out before we can sign. Which will all be very last minute.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Perhaps, but we are always a couple of injuries, suspensions and fixtures away from " 5th choice " becoming second or third choice.

Would you rather Dendonker or Gallagher coming on? Gallagher starting in the Conference, Cup, or Dendonker etc?

( I don't actually dislike Dendonker either, just as example ).

From the players perspective, it probably wouldn't make much sense though 

Agreed, he wouldn't join us unless he was a starter and he may well prefer to join another London club in any case. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

As has been said, it's Total Villa, but I love the idea of a player turning them down for us. He obviously wants European football, to win things and to be part of UE's project. If that's the case, I hope he gets his wish. ;)

Edited by John

Trying to steal Red Star striker Jovan Mijatovic under the nose of Man C according to the gossips. 18 y.o and their top scorer this season with 8.

Monchi trying to do a double whammy with him and Kosta?

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

From a few days ago, not sure if posted here but: 

https://twitter.com/NYCFCSOURCE/status/1746631183813722472

Apparently we're trying to sign Jovan Mijatovic, who is also wanted by the Man City group or whatever they're called. 

But could be getting confused with the RB we've signed, dunno. 

Semih Kilicsoy is the young striker that I hope we sign.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

It was the rumour that I was criticising (complete fabricated nonsense) but sure… I’ll slag this guy off too because he quotes any rumour from any source… the odd one might have some credence though…

He’s just aggregating links or rumours, they are not his own…

This is likely more BS but something or a player to discuss/debate at least…

Struggling to know what to post here tbh 😂

May as well shut the thread if we’re just gonna go with “no one knows who we’re signing, we aren’t signing anyone etc” but…

the complete BS, fake, senseless, stupid rumours are annoying too so

I’m lost

🤷‍♂️

😂

It’s at least good to have something to discuss I suppose…

what I probably enjoy most is theorising on players who might be good targets (quality and value), fit in with the transfer strategy we appear/seem to be employing, and discussing how they would fit into and improve that first 11 or the squad…

we tend to mostly just bring up PL based players and names here* though which would be exorbitant in terms of fees and wages and don’t seem to correlate with the setup we have and signings we’ve made… I don’t envisage us shelling out on massive fees and massive wages from within the same league (we don’t even have that capacity really) who wouldn’t even be starters or better than we have…. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable stance…

*Rather than the sorts of players Monchi and Unai would apparently target/prefer, my personal assumption is that we’re looking all over for the ideal combinations of value and quality… but if there’s a “star” or potential star player that could enhance our first 11, we may go for it if a reasonable deal can be negotiated… similarly to Pau and Diaby…

Nedeljkovic signing is a good indication of our plans too…

La Liga links seem more likely, considering Unai and Monchi’s experiences there, but again… they have to be financially feasible and reasonable…

and then… there’s FFP but… I don’t wanna go into that again 😂, n it’s difficult to know our exact situation with that 

oh well, it’s supposed to be a bit of fun isn’t it?

Right?

😂

I’ve wondered this the past few transfer windows, how old are you?