January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Most should know how bitter I am toward " shin splints "... But I'd probably rather have him back on loan or something before ESR... Isn't JG the original " ESR " anyway?

I think he was being looked at to replace him.

Shame , if Little Phil could stay fit... He'd be very useful to have on the bench!

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Doesn’t improve Villa’s first team in any way.

For me the best loan deal this window is Kalvin Phillips and Villa should be thumping City’s door to get him.

"Doesn't improve Villa's first team in any way"...

Firstly, we're not necessarily looking to improve our first team, but improve our options within the overall squad. 

You then go on to mention an example of a player who doesn't improve our first team in any way. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Doesn’t improve Villa’s first team in any way.

For me the best loan deal this window is Kalvin Phillips and Villa should be thumping City’s door to get him.

To take whose place in the team?

Yes to ESR for low base fee of say £20mill plus add ons based on appearances and success. Injury record isn’t as bad as I thought - though also not the greatest. He just wasn’t picked for huge swathes of last season even when fit. 

IMG_9306.jpeg

35 minutes ago, striker said:

£175k a week and doesn't get in our best XI. Weird

As this will be the 39th transfer window where we do not sign Smith-Rowe, will people then accept that we just aren’t going to sign him? And quite frankly, rightly so. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he's still on his 'Douglas Luiz is shit' train.

I commute on the train into Birmingham every day for work. It's shit.

And the Douglas Luiz Train is by far the shittest.

Emile Smith-Rowe has a terrible injury record, it would be madness to sign him.

Good player on his day but that is few and far between, also I wouldn't like to give Arsenal my p*** if they were on fire let alone £20 million +

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hypothetically, yes or no?

West Ham have basically done this by selling Rice and buying Kudus, Alvarez and JWP and look the better team for it.

I'd say no, unless...

... if Emery feels we are genuinely 2 players short of the size of squad we need. If that's the case, and the only way to expand them would be to sell Luiz, then I'd say I trust Emery to get what we need to replace him and expand the two slots we need.

But no way I'd be doing that in January, and I'd prefer us to make room by getting Traoré, Chambers, Coutinho, and Donk off the books. I'm not sure we're that desperate that we'd have to sell him to get 2 extra players in after getting rid of those. 

Not sure there are many clubs able to drop £110m on him at the moment anyway.

Edited by MrBlack

I really liked ESR a few years ago and definitely think there's a decent player in there if the fee for his was right, would happy if we signed him. Can't see it happening tho. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Considering he is currently injured then am not sure how we would have won with him 😝

A mere technicality, on football computer games online, trickier for Unai in the real world!

Will be interesting to see If we go for any given f the young South American talent as Chelsea and City Group seem to be doing. 

Players like Guilherme, Moscardo, Estevao might be the next best thing but I guess it’s a massive risk. Most have reasonable release clauses as well. 

Interesting times ahead 😎

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Most should know how bitter I am toward " shin splints "... But I'd probably rather have him back on loan or something before ESR... Isn't JG the original " ESR " anyway?

I think he was being looked at to replace him.

Shame , if Little Phil could stay fit... He'd be very useful to have on the bench!

We could sell him to Man City then!! They love an expensive bench warmer without the worry of ffp to which they seem  immune of punishment!

• Haha 1