January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

On 03/01/2024 at 15:09, CVByrne said:

If the rumour about Ngonge is correct it's baffling. Why are we obsessed with signing left footed right wingers. He'd be the 4th and McGinn is often who we play in RM anyway. 

We need actual right footed players like Nico Williams. Width comes from wide players playing on their side. 

word is he's signing for Napoli €18m 

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Considering the breaches Everton and forest are getting charged with I'm getting more and more inclined to believe we won't do any business this window. 

What on earth does Everton and Forest's situation have to do with us? Strange take. I'm not saying we'll definitely sign players, but our situation is completely different to theirs. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

To replace Lenglet next season?

I don’t know what to believe tbh…

maybe, maybe as a defensive LB, if he wants to come I think he’d expect to start, where would he fit in? Doubt we’d displace Pau & Konsa. Maybe it’s BS 🤷‍♂️

Would strengthen the squad, intelligent free transfers is a good approach, but… I dunno.

Hey, he’s another left footer so we must be signing him 😂

Just now, PieFacE said:

What on earth does Everton and Forest's situation have to do with us? Strange take. I'm not saying we'll definitely sign players, but our situation is completely different to theirs. 

Alex Crook few days ago said hearing from agents 80% of PL clubs are concerned about their profit and sustainability figures per PL rules with regards to January transfer business

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’m guessing he would be replacing Lenglet?

Dunno mate… dunno if it’s legit.

Coming from Atletico, I think he’d expect to start if there is any truth to this. 

I’d like some signings for the here & now if possible, we have a lot to do and achieve this season and they’d be a welcome boost…

But it’s always good and wise to look to and build for the future too… as we saw with Kamara, it is possible to get quality players on frees if you’re quick and savvy enough to identify and negotiate good deals with them… still, signing on fees and wages are significant… so only go for those that really boost the team/squad, that would be worth it…

I dunno which links to believe or not really… there’s far too much noise and very little truth amongst all of it… typical of these windows and social media…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Hermoso on a free would be a very shrewd signing. Similiar profile to Torres. Can also play LB if we want to play a defensive minded LB (much like if we put Pau out there), so offers something different to Alex Moreno.

Hermoso at LB when Frimpong (or equally more attack minded player) is playing RB?

Think this signals Digne will definitely be off in the Summer, which I think from a squad building point of view is the right thing to do due to his huge hit in wages. Hermoso and Moreno combined will likely be on same salary as Digne by himself. Also Digne only has 2 years left on contract this summer - last chance to sell him for a reasonable fee, generally with 1 year left the fee is usually discounted (better than losing for nothing).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn't that be Mings who replaces Lenglet when he's back?

We’d all hope so but… he’s going to have to be assessed and needs time… was a severe injury and the rehab is going to take a while… I’m sure we all hope Ty can get to that level again and his body holds up… we will have to see. We all know he is a warrior but it’s hard to predict the impact and effects of severe, long term injuries…

Will be wonderful to see him back…

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We’d all hope so but… he’s going to have to be assessed and needs time… was a severe injury and the rehab is going to take a while… I’m sure we all hope Ty can get to that level again and his body holds up… we will have to see. We all know he is a warrior but it’s hard to predict the impact and effects of severe, long term injuries…

Will be wonderful to see him back…

Feels like Ty has been out for a hundred years.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Feels like Ty has been out for a hundred years.

Working his way back now… there’s a video of him using VR as part of his rehab, like Emi was…

Very encouraging…

• Like 1

Mourinho’s leaving Roma… is this cos a player like Dybala’s been sold “over his head”? 😂

or maybe they decided to get rid n Jose spouted his usual venom again 🤷‍♂️