January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

Can’t help but think this window is massive for us. If we can identify and get what we need early enough then we’ve got a real opportunity to do something really special.

The last time we were in this position running up to a January window we ended up with heskey.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I think if we sign another winger it will be a right footer than can play on the left and that can also play through the middle in some capacity, either as a striker, or as No.10,

Rafael Leão should do it.

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

No Frimpong isn't. Frimpong is 40 mil euros in the summer. In January he'll cost north of 80 million. That's the reason why his buyout is so cheap for the summer it is because they want to keep him for the rest of this season. 

I haven’t seen summer just 37m

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tosin at Fulham is an interesting one. Believe he isn’t signing a new deal there? Right sided centre half. I know we’re awash with players back there but he’ll be a good pick up by someone. 

I'd be more than happy to see a good CB come and Konsa becoming the RB we have full time. He's definitely good enough. Emery turned Foyth into someone people talk about paying £30/40m for at RB. Konsa is already better than him.

Don't mind Tosin, but I think it has to be a starting RB or CB coming in (not necessarily this window mins). Tosin would just sit alongside Carlos as handy back-up. Don't forget Mings is hopefully coming back as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd be more than happy to see a good CB come and Konsa becoming the RB we have full time. He's definitely good enough. Emery turned Foyth into someone people talk about paying £30/40m for at RB. Konsa is already better than him.

Don't mind Tosin, but I think it has to be a starting RB or CB coming in (not necessarily this window mins). Tosin would just sit alongside Carlos as handy back-up. Don't forget Mings is hopefully coming back as well.

The problem is Konsa is our best CB and RB and I'm really not sure we could find a better CB than him, especially in January. As well as he's done at RB I just feel like it's a bit of a waste especially when there have been several goals we probably could have prevented had he been in the middle.

Edited by villan95

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gallagher is a good player, one of Chelsea’s best. Anyone saying he just runs around like a headless chicken doesn’t understand football. Would be great at Villa. 

Ha, so if I disagree with you I don’t understand football? 

He is a headless chicken irrespective of your view 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Strange they’ve given him the armband then! 

Perma crock James is the captain 

I'm guessing they want a local lad and they've only got 2 of them 

Edit - and Gallagher is OK, he's not a £40m starting CM for a top 4 team though, he's a star player and great signing for a mid table team  Crystal Palace or Fulham... Or Chelsea :trollface:

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

We won't even be interested in Olise as good as he is, as we already have Bailey and Diaby as left footed attackers both doing very well and both cost us a lot of money, and we also have McGinn, for the same reason I don't think we would be interest in Neto. Besides nee chance of Olise even if we did want him, he's going to end up somewhere like Man City or PSG, probably City as Mahrez replacement.

Eze I think would the ideal signing for us, and I would say a little more obtainable than Olise, but still would feel unlikely, maybe if we actually reach Champions League first.

I think if we sign another winger it will be a right footer than can play on the left and that can also play through the middle in some capacity, either as a striker, or as No.10,

alex baena

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Todibo.