January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

It’s normally a sign of desperation to do a lot of business in January. I’d be quite relaxed if we didn’t do any business until the summer. I guess it will be a one out, one in policy if we get any reasonable offers for our fringe players. 

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's right too 

Who is this striker? There's hardly anyone out there available and there's also a lot of PL teams shopping for one, spurs, arsenal, utd, Chelsea all need a proper number 9, there's an argument to be had that nunez isn't good enough too 

Everyone in the world will be trying for Guirassy due to his release clause. Kinda hope he stays put but he'll likely triple (or more) his salary should he move

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Difficult to do business in January

Don't expect much if anything at all

Arsenal - Trossard

Villa - Moreno

Chelsea - Enzo

Liverpool - Gakpo

Newcastle - Gordon

Just a couple from the top of my head from last January…doesn’t seem that difficult.  Not as easy as the summer but there are good deals to be had.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Gallagher going to spurs by the looks of it. Shame. 

Could Unai get a tune out of Holjberg then or is he too old now ? 

Edit..Juve are all over him for Jan 

Edited by MWARLEY2

1 minute ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Would it not be in our interests to buy now, whilst we are 3rd, and maybe attract players that might be out of our reach in the summer?

if we can actually attract and afford that type of player, sure.

I guess thats the issue, Emery is open to transfers, but only if they are the right ones, and i guess the level of player Emery would want, prob is hard to get in Jan.

I would imagine there are some cheaper Moreno type players out there, who are quality, i hope we get 1 or 2 of those types in Jan :)

we will see i guess.

4 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Would it not be in our interests to buy now, whilst we are 3rd, and maybe attract players that might be out of our reach in the summer?

In the right market yes. January isnt that market. Teams generally dont want to sell especially not the better players

Other than a RB I think we’re pretty much alright, unless we can offload Dendoncker and bring in a young DM to cover Kamara.

Having to play Konsa at RB had affected us so much defensively over the last week, the sooner we can get him and Pau back as our CB partnership the better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Lots of injuries. Lot of players have played themselves out of form. Players who have come in need minutes but haven’t covered themselves in glory. It’ll be a difficult window.

Does us being so high up in the table make our cast offs more or less attractive to other clubs?

Hopefully that Dendoncker back heel goal will add a couple of mil onto his value 😂

I don’t know who we can shift now for much but am assuming  the recent sales of our youngsters will have given us more breathing room and capacity to spend…

We need a bit of a breather and chance to get our players back and fit. A signing or two of genuine top quality will help us even more…

We will see that scintillating football again… we completely dominated Man City not so long ago and should’ve scored more goals… and even though we weren’t great today… our finishing was atrocious and we should have been out of sight…

Let’s regroup and launch an assault on the PL in 2024 from the off…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Other than a RB I think we’re pretty much alright, unless we can offload Dendoncker and bring in a young DM to cover Kamara.

Having to play Konsa at RB had affected us so much defensively over the last week, the sooner we can get him and Pau back as our CB partnership the better.

Yeah I think it’s clearly evident that we must stick with the Pau and Konsa partnership (so we need a new RB so that Ezri doesn’t have to fill in there) and the double pivot of Kamara and Luiz to keep momentum and success going…

There are players we can’t afford to lose… no more silly bookings/reds and some luck with fitness please… 

The drop off is too severe when we don’t have them available… a quality DM to push and cover Kamara would be a huge help. We can’t compromise on our style by playing much less capable players…

I’ll be satisfied if we manage to make those two signings… and welcome anything else if it happens… we could boost our attack but we have players to bring into form too…

Plenty of ups and downs to go for the rest of this season… no one really ever has a smooth or easy ride in this league…

• Like 3