January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We really only need a RB in January if the right one is available.

However, I wouldn’t mind us trying again for Nico Williams to see if he has changed his mind about joining us. Although he has been linked with Barcelona when his contract expires.

i wonder how much Molina would cost?

Just now, paul514 said:

I heard 30 million 

i would be all over that, he looks a quality right back and an Emery type player, and Argentinian too....maybe Emi 1 could put in a word....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i would be all over that, he looks a quality right back and an Emery type player, and Argentinian too....maybe Emi 1 could put in a word....

Rather spend a bit more and get Frimpong

I think it is limited how much we spend in January, but I hope for a good player, and maybe two if we are hopefully in for a place in the CL.

The position where we are missing, cover now is goalkeeper and right-back. Here I think we have to cross our fingers and pray that Martines stays injury-free, and spend the money elsewhere. Molina in at right back would have been fantastic, the same with a player who could have covered the positions of both Luiz and Kamara.

In midfield it is easy to benefit from a new player, as there is more rotation there than elsewhere on the pitch. But an injury to Cash would weakened our team very much. As I cannot make up my mind, I am therefore asking for two new ones in January, as well as a new forward this summer, to strengthen the squad in the CL.

23 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Or get their scouts it’ll be cheaper…..

Madness! People want us to spend over the odds on established players even though we allegedly sold some fringe youth for good money to align with FFP

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Of course he would he always does. Emi is now one of our own!

I think we need to get another CM in as I feel we'll let Luiz move on of we receive a 100m fee for him. He's got 2 years left when we get to the summer. 

I think we need to replace Dendoncker and look for the all rounder 6 if we can as prospect

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Martin Zubimendi, sounds like a good replacement for Dendoncker.

Him coming from Unai's part of Spain too.

Quality player , I mentioned him during the summer window. I think he’d command quite a fee and then there’s that issue of convincing basque players to leave the Basque Country.

A right back is the only position we really need to think about filling, given it's probably our weakest spot in the first 11 (and I like Cash), and we also don't have a backup option there. Frimpong looks good as he's very attacking whereas Cash is more defence minded, so it would be nice having different options. Also, Frimpong and Diaby will already be used to playing with each other (Kenneth.jpeg)

I understand everyone being enthusiastic about the transfer window and I acknowledge that there are gaps in the squad we should fill. However, experience shows us that Unai is about quality over quantity and isn't averse to saying no if the right players aren't available. Couple this with Unai's seemingly magical ability to improve players the longer they're with him and I feel strangely ambivalent about the window.

What a marvellous time to be a Villa fan.

Just trusting Unai (JTU).

• Like 4

Frimpong is probably €60m-€70m unless his new contract has a release clause. I don't think we are at a point where this is realistic. No doubt we will be in for a new RB in the summer at the latest thou.

Still think Arnau Martinez would be a great signing but Girona are flying so can't see them selling in Jan.

I can't see the likes of Donk, Traoré, Chambers and Hause being here when next season starts so maybe some of them will look to get out in Jan. Especially Donk if he aims to be part of the Euro's squad.

• Like 1

The only question is whether the players Unai wants are available. If they are available I suspect the club will pay what it takes to get them over the line on the working assumption that champions league qualification will put any FFP concerns to bed.

If the players are not available we’ll just keep our powder dry until the summer as we did last year.