January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

8 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

We missed the boat... Should have gone in for Ward-Prowse.

As good as Ward Prowse is....would I have him ahead of Luiz and Kamara. Nah. Would've fitted in well the summer Dean wanted him but didn't happen and we've moved on and in fairness West Ham was a very logical move as they did have a void to fill after Rice leaving.

I only mentioned Gallagher as soon or later we will need to seriously look at a McGinn replacement. He's doing very well currently but he is coming up to 30 now and I get the feeling he might decline quickly due to his physique  and Gallagher has a very similar profile so while yes there's probably better value abroad I think he would be a very decent pick up considering he's still only 23.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

He's rumoured to be off to Newcastle on loan, in the first of many totally legitimate loans from Saudi clubs to Newcastle 

I'd be expecting that sort of shenanigans to be called out be all the other clubs though. That would be blatant **** and should be dealt with as such.

So the latest gossip about Nico Williams is that he will sign a new contract with Bilbao but with a reduced released clause. Who knows, he might as well be signing on a free for Barca or whatever. Still a player I'd love at Villa.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get why CHO isn’t rated. Maybe I haven’t watched him enough but whenever I saw him for Chelsea he has always impressed me. Can’t believe he’s only 22. Coup for Forest in my opinion and would have fitted in well at Villa.

Didn't set the world alight at Leverkusen. Like 1 assist in half a season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t get why CHO isn’t rated. Maybe I haven’t watched him enough but whenever I saw him for Chelsea he has always impressed me. Can’t believe he’s only 22. Coup for Forest in my opinion and would have fitted in well at Villa.

Injury killed him, i don't think his pace is the same

Bayern were quoted 70 million a few years back

• Like 1

Lamptey at Brighton?

Amazing people rate him still. He's absolute hopeless. But he out sprinted someone 3 year ago.

He's one of those players that seems to hold some mythical reputation for some unknown reason.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Lamptey at Brighton?

Amazing people rate him still. He's absolute hopeless. But he out sprinted someone 3 year ago.

He's one of those players that seems to hold some mythical reputation for some unknown reason.

Lamptey is a good player. Very attacking. Good ball carrier. Too injury prone.

Everytime I watch Lamptey he seems to do well but then waste the final ball and therefore waste a good attacking opportunity, almost like the Adama Traore of attacking fullbacks, he's not especially good defensively either. Kind of a rightbackthat was rated highly when he was younger but hasn't developed beyond that, similar to Max Aarons.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, useless said:

Everytime I watch Lamptey he seems to do well but then waste the final ball and therefore waste a good attacking opportunity, almost like the Adama Traore of attacking fullbacks, he's not especially good defensively either. Kind of a rightbackthat was rated highly when he was younger but hasn't developed beyond that, similar to Max Aarons.

I think Lamptey is injured once again. Got a red flag with a unexpected return date on FPL. 

In the summer I would do all it takes to get Kaoru Mitoma in. £80 million worth it. One of the best players in the PL. Skimmed Kyle Walker like he was nothing for Brightons goal today. 

Kubo would also be a great signing. Pure play maker who Emery knows all about.

Frimpong been smashing it this season. Another one who would massively improve us at RB and can play Right Wing.

Brian Mubemo is also would be a quality addition. 

Or costly signings tho. 

Edited by Pongo Waring