Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Hibernian

limpid

Match Polls  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/09/23 at 22:59

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm off to the Ollie thread to slag him off for not even being able to score against Hibs.

I'm off to the Emery thread to slag him off for bringing on Ollie and risking him not scoring against Hibs and getting slagged off for it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I quite enjoyed that! I’ve never felt as relaxed watching Villa in all my 30 years as a fan, it’s a bit weird tbh.

Olsen did well, this will have done him some good hopefully. Kellyman looks quality. Duran scored again, great to see. Everybody else was decent as expected, we weren’t really tested but still, we played some good stuff at times. 

If Watkins does get injured, we’ve got a ready made replacement in… Matty Cash.

Didn't see all of it, there were Russian acrobats doing a show on at the hotel so had to pretend to be watching that while watching the footy on phone.

Bumped into a fellow villa chap at the end of the night in last seasons kit.

Duran nice finish Bailey nice finish cash nice smash.

Pleased with the performance bearing in mind ghe team put out, they all need to learn the emery way.

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Well I quite enjoyed that! I’ve never felt as relaxed watching Villa in all my 30 years as a fan, it’s a bit weird tbh.

Olsen did well, this will have done him some good hopefully. Kellyman looks quality. Duran scored again, great to see. Everybody else was decent as expected, we weren’t really tested but still, we played some good stuff at times. 

If Watkins does get injured, we’ve got a ready made replacement in… Matty Cash.

Cash looks transformed, oozing confidence and was super sharp for the goal 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Gave MOTM to Dougie, he literally waltzed through 60mins. 

Good to see the kids get the full game, though Kellyman drifted out of it a bit in the 2nd half till his shot, but he looked a prospect overall. 

Lovely finish from Duran and he bullied their CB all night. 

Pau looked classy & some good minutes for a few who needed them. 

I think we can beat anyone in this competition and see no reason we can't win it. Looking forward to seeing some different sets of fans at VP, love a European game under the floodlights.

Dougie was very good, great close control, no way they were getting the ball off him and kept it moving.  Nice to see him lapping up the applause when he came off too

• Like 2

Just got back, it was the strangest atmosphere, game was played at the intensity of a friendly and that really translated to the stands.

Bit of a shame considering it was the first home European game for over a decade, but I guess that's what happens when you're 5-0 up from the first leg against a team that is always going to struggle to make it competitive.

• Like 1

Â