Jack Harrison

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think it's sensible. Though wonder if we wouldn't be better served just keeping and trusting AJ in that role

Harrison is experienced in the PL though whereas AJ is going to be up and down for his 1st season. I think this is shrewd. Not a world beater but more productive than Bailey and always puts in a shift.

• Like 1

To be fair, I've just had a Google of him and his stats. Not half bad. 

What I like most is people seem to say he works hard, something Buendia gave us. He obviously lacks the technical ability of Emi but as a squad addition, he will be very useful.

Also, he's played in the Prem, so won't need to 'adjust'. 

• Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

Aaron Ramsey can play out wide but let's do a random loan instead. He has a decent scoring record, but it feels like someone we don't massively need either.

Harrison has more PL experience that ramsey has.

I trust emerys judgement 

• Like 1

He seems to get linked to us every window for the last 18 months, does someone in our transfer department have a crush on him? He wasn't good enough for what we were under Gerrard and won't be now.

If we want that sort of profile for out wide begs the question why we didn't seriously go in for Barnes unless there simply isn't the budget to drop 40m + on two attackers in one transfer window.

Harrison is a poorer version of Barnes anyway.

I don't particulary rate Harrison, and he's also older than I thought, but he's not a bad player, goals and assists record isn't bad and he works hard, would have been more disappointed if he was our main creative signing, but in addition to Diaby doesn't seem so bad, was only last summer that Newcastle were bidding £30m for him, the kind of signing they make that looks boring and underwhelming but then does a good job.

• Like 1

Â